New JORN released in June

The first video from JORN's new studio album, Bring Heavy Rock To The Land - due out on June 1st in Europe and June 5th in North America - has been unveiled. Check out the clip for the title track below:

Last edited by a moderator:
For those into vinyl, FYI:

Inner Wound Recordings is releasing a 12" vinyl edition of the Jorn album "The Duke" on June 1st:

300.jpeg

http://innerwound.bigcartel.com/product/jorn-the-duke-12-vinyl-edition

I don't listen to Jorn for the lyrical brilliance, I listen for the VOICE! :devil:

I don't expect to him to be Neil Peart, but you have to have some standards :p

My rule with lyrics is that I will put up with mediocre lyrics if the performances or overall song are amazing. But the lyrics cannot be so poor that they detract from the overall product. For me, singing about "the rock" and then rhyming it with "shock" falls into that category. But to each their own.

My rule with lyrics is that I will put up with mediocre lyrics if the performances or overall song are amazing. But the lyrics cannot be so poor that they detract from the overall product. For me, singing about "the rock" and then rhyming it with "shock" falls into that category. But to each their own.

Don't listen to much rock and metal then, do you? :loco:

I agree completely. Same reason I can't listen to Ripper's solo stuff, Beyond Fear, worst lyrics ever. Some bands can pull off bad lyrics and still work and some just make you cringe- Metallica's St. Anger is a good example, when I heard that I thought my five year could have written better lyrics.

Read the lyrics to "soulburn" from Masterplan. Not sure if Jorn wrote those or not, but some of the best poetic lyrics I've ever heard!!!

Here's the thing: the lyrics in that single are cheesy and unimpressive (as are those in most songs that are "about" rock or "about" metal). However, two days later, I am still singing the chorus throughout the day as I go about my business. It's damn fine sounding!

already have this on a pre-sale, just waiting on it to be delivered in a couple of weeks

Am I the only one that thinks Jack & Kyle would rock the shit out of "Bring Heavy Rock to the Land?" It's like Jorn wrote it specifically for Tenacious D.

"Raise the metal sign...."

Oh yes....oh yes.

Am I the only one that thinks Jack & Kyle would rock the shit out of "Bring Heavy Rock to the Land?" It's like Jorn wrote it specifically for Tenacious D.

"Raise the metal sign...."

Oh yes....oh yes.

The whole album could be a Tenacious D record, to me his lyrical metaphors are that cheesy and poorly written throughout. i gave it once listen and put on one of his older albums. hahahaha. this new one will never get played again.