New Kamelot - The Shadow Theory

The Fiddler

Just Do It.
Nov 27, 2002
Heaven and Hell
http://www.kamelot.com/site/kamelot-unveils-title-upcoming-album/

Kamelot are set to release a brand new masterpiece in 2018 and now the band has unveiled the album’s title: The Shadow Theory, coming this Spring on Napalm Records!

The new album features all the signature elements of Kamelot and also sees the band step out to add new and industrial elements along while combining amazing emotions that harken to the band’s earlier days. Kamelot’s epic music is chock full of symbolism relating to how the band feels about the world and the current state of civilization. More news and details regarding The Shadow Theory will be made available soon!

Following the release of The Shadow Theory, Kamelot will embarque on a massive World Tour, starting in North America during April/May 2018 followed by European shows in Summer 2018 in support of The Shadow Theory. The band will return to Europe in September/October 2018 for their biggest headliner tour to date.

KAMELOT ANNOUNCES 2018 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR WITH SPECIAL GUESTS DELAIN AND BATTLE BEAST

newkamtourjune.jpg

April
16 - Louisville, KY - Mercury Ballroom
17 - Charlotte, NC - Filmore Underground
18 - Silver Springs, MD - The Filmore
20 - New York, NY - Irving Plaza
22 - Montreal, QC - Metropolis
23 - Toronto, ON - The Opera House
25 - Albany, NY - Upstate Concert Hall
26 - Pittsburgh, PA - Carnegie Music Hall
27 - Chicago, IL - Concord Music Hall
28 - Minneapolis, MN - The Cabooze
29 - Des Moines, IA - Wooly's

May
1 - Denver, CO - Ogden Theater
2 - Salt Lake City, UT - Complex
4 - San Jose, CA - City National Civic
5 - Anaheim, CA - Grove Anaheim
/6 - Phoenix, AZ - Marquee Theater
8 - Dallas, TX - House of Blues
9 - Houston, TX - House of Blues
11 - Atlanta, GA - Masquerade
12 - Orlando, FL - House of Blues
13 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Revolution

KAMELOT’S NEXT ALBUM “HARKENS BACK TO THE GHOST OPERA DAYS WITH HAVEN ELEMENTS," SAYS THOMAS YOUNGBLOOD

KAMELOT FRONTMAN TOMMY KAREVIK ON NEW SONGS - "WE ARE TAKING SOME OF THEM ON THE ROAD FOR THE US TOUR IN APRIL"

KAMELOT POST PRE-MIX AUDIO TEASER OF "PHANTOM DIVINE" FROM FORTHCOMING ALBUM

KAMELOT - NEW ALBUM TO FEATURE GUEST APPEARANCE BY BEYOND THE BLACK VOCALIST JENNIFER HABEN

KAMELOT LAUNCH NEW TEASER VIDEO FOR UPCOMING STUDIO ALBUM

KAMELOT REVEAL NEW ALBUM TITLE; EUROPEAN SHOWS ANNOUNCED

kamshadcomingjan.jpg

KAMELOT RELEASES THE SHADOW THEORY TEASER VIDEO #2

KAMELOT - NEW ALBUM TO FEATURE GUEST APPEARANCE BY ONCE HUMAN VOCALIST LAUREN HART

KAMELOT ANNOUNCE DEPARTURE OF DRUMMER CASEY GRILLO; REPLACEMENT ANNOUNCED

"...Prior to the recent final recordings, long-time drummer Casey Grillo informed the band that he had made the difficult decision to pursue other music and touring opportunities, in addition to the desire to focus more time on his drumhead company....
...In a letter regarding his departure, Casey states: “First and foremost I would like to thank all of the Kamelot fans around the world for your support during my time with the band. It has afforded me the opportunity to travel the globe, meet the most amazing people, experience so many cultures, and to share some of the most memorable experiences of my life. Between the various other musical endeavours I am involved with, along with my rapidly growing business DrumStatic.com, it really just became evident it was time for me to explore and focus on these new opportunities without compromising the exclusivity Kamelot needs and deserves...."
...The band continue: "The technical musical arrangements and intense touring demands drove the band to enlist a proficient and energetic musician which would fit perfectly within the Kamelot machine. The new Kamelot drummer is someone you may already know, so please welcome with open arms Johan "Jo" Nunez. This 29 year old drum master and instructor has been touring and playing on albums with Marty Freedman, Gus G, Firewind, Nightrage and more...."

I'm really looking forward to this album.

Silverthorn was a decent straight power metal album which harked back to the early days of Kamelot.

Haven managed to re-encorporate many of the "gothic theater" elements of Ghost Opera and (more noteably) the Black Halo, which set Kamelot apart from the general field of Power Metal bands. Certainly the album of theirs I have enjoyed the most in quite a while.

It sounds like this time they are going industrial. That will either work and add a cool fresh element to the Kamelot sound or bomb spectacularly, Poetry for the Poisoned style. I guess it ultimately depends on how good the melodies are. PftP seemed to skip melody entirely in favour of atmosphere, which is why I don't think it worked.

I am looking forward to this album as well. There is a thing about Kamelot for me that I have noticed, every other album seems to be awesome (to my ears) and then we have something that misses the mark in recent years, ie: Haven, Poetry from the Poisoned. I am a little concerned about Casey's departure and how that will effect the chemistry too, we shall see. Not sure how much of the new album Casey recorded too? Non the less still a huge fan of Kamelot and look forward to the tour and album.

Bear

I'm really looking forward to this album.

Silverthorn was a decent straight power metal album which harked back to the early days of Kamelot.

Haven managed to re-encorporate many of the "gothic theater" elements of Ghost Opera and (more noteably) the Black Halo, which set Kamelot apart from the general field of Power Metal bands. Certainly the album of theirs I have enjoyed the most in quite a while.

It sounds like this time they are going industrial. That will either work and add a cool fresh element to the Kamelot sound or bomb spectacularly, Poetry for the Poisoned style. I guess it ultimately depends on how good the melodies are. PftP seemed to skip melody entirely in favour of atmosphere, which is why I don't think it worked.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

KAMELOT ANNOUNCE 2019 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR; SONATA ARCTICA, BATTLE BEAST TO SUPPORT

kamtouroct18.jpg

The Shadow Tour 2019:

September
10 - Silver Spring, MD - The Fillmore
11 - Philadelphia, PA - TLA
13 - Worcester, MA - Palladium
14 - New York. NY - Terminal 5
15 - Montreal, QC - Club Soda
16 - Quebec City, QC - Imperial
18 - Toronto, ON - Phoenix
19 - Detroit, MI - Harpo's
20 - Cleveland, OH - Agora