New Keith Merrow CD out today

Terminus

Apr 19, 2009
Some of you may have heard of him through the youtube vids etc.. He just released a new one today, featuring Jeff Loomis on at least one solo that I know of.

Sounds nifty, def gonna get it. rock on!

Last edited by a moderator:
purchasing now.

I thought for a second "Aw, it's not for free, screw that."

Then I realised that that's a really, really stupid way of thinking, especially since 10 dollars is only like 6 Euros, which is less than I'd spend on beer on an average weekend. Did an interview with Keith once, and he's a really cool guy, not to mention his music is badass.

EDIT: also, what's up with Loomis having guest solos on albums? First Periphery, now Merrow? Does he do this often?
I'm not complaining, I love it, but it confuzzles me.

EDIT2: Holy crap, this album kicks the shit out of his old stuff with a steel-plated metal boot :O

Jeff is cool like that. Especially if you are one of the SS.org guys.

Jeff will play a guest spot on just about anyone's CD, if he has the time. He is cutting a solo for a band I am working with now actually. Cant wait to get a hold of his DI's and be able to analyze his playing :)

Oh another question do the all of the songs have solos or are they just all rhythm guitar riffs? Basically backing tracks for vocalists, cause if they are I am not going to buy it.

Can't say I've really listened to Keith's stuff before that clip, but good lord he's a monstrous guitarist. Cool song writing too on that track.
And man, Jeff's two solos are just ridiculous. Fuck the "He plays too technical these days" crowd, those solos are full of fiery passion and amazing melodies. His vibrato just always makes my jaw drop in how controlled it is while still sounding so emotional.

Keiths stuff for the most part is really riffy-djent... theres really not any guitar main-line melodies over riffs, and not many solos..But the riffs KILL!!

Keith used to post here forever ago. Left awhile back. Was always a cool fucking guy. Hope this goes well for him.

This album is pretty damn good. Definitely a step above his older stuff IMO... and the Loomis solo on Heart of The Sea Nymph is awesome.