New keyboard player found, plus album title

Lee_B

Readin' me posts are ya?
May 16, 2001
Surbiton. The Posh bit
www.elitistrecords.co.uk
We're absolutly delighted to announce that Hen from the rather excellent Haken will be joining To-Mera.

Hen is not only a very skillful keyboard player, but he's also a first class guitarist which will give us more options on the live front.

You can check out Haken here, and they're highly recommended for those into quality progressive rock:

http://www.myspace.com/hakenmusic

Hugo's last show with To-Mera will be the upcoming Fates Warning support at the Camden Underworld.

We have also decided on "Delusions" as the title for the forthcoming album.

Cheers

Lee

All the best to you guys, I guess I should have said. Your debut was pretty cool, but it would be awesome to see you guys branch out and, no offense, get your own identity! :) Granted the female-fronted metal band is done oh-so-much these days, but I do believe there is still a way to be original with that. :D Good luck folks! I'm sure it will be great.

I listened and reviewed it for UM at one point. :) I wasn't very critical on it though.

Well shit Lee, I know you were being sarcastic, but after seeing the flower in the top bar of this forum, maybe you aren't joking about the Lacuna Coil thing? :( Please tell me you are? I'd say more like Within Temptation or Epica with the wimpy female singer backed by a metal band. I guess Evanescence fits, but that's sort of a mainstream comparison... whooooo!

All the best to you guys, I guess I should have said. Your debut was pretty cool, but it would be awesome to see you guys branch out and, no offense, get your own identity! :) Granted the female-fronted metal band is done oh-so-much these days, but I do believe there is still a way to be original with that. :D Good luck folks! I'm sure it will be great.

Yeah you know those female fronted bands man... so outplayed these days... there just isn't enough bands with men fronting them. Now THAT would be something new....

Anyways, I wanna hear this stuff when will there be a new song for preview?

Dude, if Julie had a penis, I'd give her a suck, and let her give me a reach-around... then she could blow her load on my face. True story. :D

I dont remember Within temptation or Evanescence incorperating jazz into their music.

For instance in Dreadful angel you have a jazz chord sequence of:

F#m7b511, A7b9 11, Dmin maj7, Em9 etc...

There are hardly any female-fronted metal bands incorperating jazz and odd time signatures.

You can also use the Harmonic minor scale to solo over MinMajor7 chords.

And the lydian diminished and melodic minor scale.

I've heard of minor sevenths and major sevenths... A minor major seventh just sounds silly to me. :)

I've heard of minor sevenths and major sevenths... A minor major seventh just sounds silly to me. :)

It's not the seventh that is minor, but the third, the tone that gives the chord it's minor or major sound. If i understand correctly, on an Eminmaj7, you need, E as the root (1.), a minor third (which is 3 semitones up from the root), a B as the fifth, and finally a major seventh, which in this case would be a D# (which is located 11 semitones up from the root).

Edit: nice off-topic btw.