New Kick Sample, Trying It Out

=D thanks man!! i processed each track, sent my snares (sneaps, stock superior), kicks, toms, oh's, to separate busses.
And those different busses were sent to one CLA 76 comp'd drum buss, i think i did the same as you explained above :)

i've been getting loud mixes that way :eek:

Worked on the mix a lot, let me know what you think. I brought down the guitars and bass a little because they were starting to bury the drums and also added some bass in the bass guitar and a tiny bit more low mids in the guitars. Kick is still basically the same, minus the BoO sample and with a little extra high-end.

I'm not a fan of the dull sound for guitars, snare sounds too digital for my taste. Overall, it's ok. I like the kick. :D

It sounds pretty low quality for my taste. It sounds like it would be more suitable for demo purposes rather a professional recording.

Some people seem to dig that kind of low quality sound. I'm more into clear high gainy guitars.

All this production business is just personal preference anyways. Some people would love it, Some people would hate it. If YOU like the way it sounds, you should just stick with it, especially your clients as well. That's how I do it anyways.

But I would raise the 4K and the 8K until it sounds clear enough. That's just me though.

I don't like the kick to be honest (and the snare not that much either), and IMO the bass isn't mixed so it sounds huge enough and the guitars are a little bit undergained/digital.

I'm sure some saturation would make the guitars sound better. However the rest is mainly personal preference. Sounds real tight though, that's for sure.