New Labyrinth song: The Shooting Star

The song is not bad. It's growing on me.

Looking forward to hear their new album, since I didn't care for the last one at all.

Hopefully we'll get to see them at ProgPower someday.

Looks like this album could resurrect their tarnished name of recent years where they seemed to be almost recording non-melodic modern metal albums with bad sound!

It doesn't hurt that Olaf Thorsen is back with the band for this new release. Yes, it looks and sounds like, "Return to Heaven Denied." But then again, the new CD is to be named, "Return To Heaven Denied Pt.2"!

http://www.bravewords.com/news/122233 ...

The once power metal Italian outfit LABYRINTH, who in recent years has ventured in a more progressive (read: less metallic) direction, has issued the following statement:

"Labyrinth are ready to enter the studios again, and this time it will be a special occasion to celebrate, as the original line up is finally back together! After a long time, Olaf (Torsten, guitar: real name Carlo Magnani), Andrea (Cantarelli, guitar) and Roberto (Tiranti, vocals) are working on the new album, and will soon enter the studio to record the long awaited Return To Heaven Denied Pt.2, follower of the acclaimed album which made them one of the best well known names in the power metal scene. You wanted it, you asked for it, you waited for it. Now you will have it.

We are ready to return to the heaven denied..."

To say that I am excited about this is a huge understatement. This is the disk that I’m looking forward to the most this year. Blind Guardian is also releasing one this year so that says a lot for me. I’ll have to listen to the new song when I get home from work. Based on the posts above, it sounds like I will not be disappointed. The funny thing is that I have been listening to Labyrinth all day today and then I see this. I even went to their website this morning and seen that it was updated. The Japanese version of this CD will have a cover of You Don’t Remember, I’ll Never Forget by Yngwie. I really like that song so that should be cool.

As far as the other Labyrinth disks, I think they are all good. RTHD is the best but Freeman and Labyrinth are right there behind it. Rob is great singer and does a great job on all the CDs. This is the one band that hasn’t played PP yet that I am hoping to see on the roster every year. Hopefully Glenn with get them for next year.

Good stuff. Never actually listened to them before. What's the best to get?

Like Glenn mentioned, Return to Heaven Denied is their best one. It’s actually one of my favorite CDs of all time. That is a good place to start but really, any CDs of theirs is worth checking out. Olaf (also in Vision Divine) left after Sons of Thunder which is the CD after RTHD. That one has the same sound as RTHD and the ones after that has a different sound. I personally think they got a little more progressive and mellower. They are very good disks but nothing compares to RTHD.

WOW.................Sound like the Labyrinth I knew and loved at one time. This is exactly what I want to hear from them.

Now someone get Lost Horizon back together with Daniel and get Angra in Rebirth mode and get Tobias in Theater of Salvation mode and someone please put a fire under the ass of Symphony X to get something new out and all will be right in my world.

One of my favorite bands. All I will say is that every year that passes without their name announced here surprises me more and more. I can't really think of any other band that fits the essence of this festival that has yet to play. Perhaps the return to heaven denied will be the spark that finally gets them to Atlanta next year. Glenn is my only hope and he has allowed me to witness a Conception reunion as well as Damian Wilson with Threshold (the two biggest highlights for me over the last ten years of attending this festival).

Labyrinth will be the third!:headbang:

Cmon Glenn; please make this happen. Can't wait to get my hands on the new album!

One of my favorite bands. All I will say is that every year that passes without their name announced here surprises me more and more. I can't really think of any other band that fits the essence of this festival that has yet to play. Perhaps the return to heaven denied will be the spark that finally gets them to Atlanta next year. Glenn is my only hope and he has allowed me to witness a Conception reunion as well as Damian Wilson with Threshold (the two biggest highlights for me over the last ten years of attending this festival).

Labyrinth will be the third!:headbang:

Cmon Glenn; please make this happen. Can't wait to get my hands on the new album!

I was surprised you hadn't posted on this thread yet... :lol:

By the way, Congrats! :)

LOL; I lurk around but haven't posted much of late. You know how I feel about the Italian bands, especially Labryinth! Couldn't let this one go without putting my .02 cents in. Anyway, thanks and see you soon.

Good stuff. Never actually listened to them before. What's the best to get?

IMO: Best Labyrinth CD's go in this order: (BTW: I believe the 2003 S/T release is close to a masterpiece as well, guitarist Andrea Cantarelli kicks ass on it.)

1.) Labyrinth - (1998) Return To Heaven Denied
2.) Labyrinth - (2003) Labyrinth [Guitarist Andrea Cantarelli kicks ass on this one.]
3.) Labyrinth - (1996) No Limits
4.) Labyrinth - (2000) Sons of Thunder

*** NOTE: For fans of Labyrinth vocalist Roberto Tiranti - Roberto Tiranti performs all vocals on the "Headrush - (2005) Headrush " release. It's more hard rock-ish but I like it. To me Roberto is right up there with Ray Alder when it comes to conveying emotion via the vocal instrument.

I saw them in London in 2004 supporting Dream Evil. They were very decent live. Be a good fit for the fest me thinks.