New Labyrinth song: The Shooting Star

Here's another one, "A Chance", and it's very good as well. I'm sensing a top 10 Albums of the Year candidate in this if it delivers as it could.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Japanese bonus track off this album is a cover of Yngwies "You Dont Remember, I'll Never Forget".

Labyrinth is one of the bands that helped get me into this genre(got a mixtape of powermetal with some of their tracks on it) but I have never really gave them I chance as far as listening to a whole album.

Bumping this because this band deserves to be as enthused and talked about as many others. :) The soaring, introspective, longing feeling that is brought to life by Tiranti's incredible vocals, the moody, electronic keys, and the signature styles of Andreas Cantarelli (and now Olaf Thorsen, again) which references speed metal and neoclassical metal while eschewing the stuffiness, speaks to me almost as deep as a band's stuff can. I literally cannot wait to get my hands on the new album, just waiting on some news source, any news source - for release date and distro outside of Japan. Haven't seen any yet that aren't Japanese. If this band gets to PPXII I will camp outside.

All of their material deserves a big chance if there's anyone here curious who hasn't heard some of it, for lineup changes or what have you. I'm especially being shocked all of the time at the amount of power/prog metal fans who haven't heard the self-titled. The band chemistry is just absolutely on fire on that one, and it shows a lot more prog influence than usual, the only reason it isn't my favorite favorite is just the thematics of 'RtHD', tend to appeal to me a little bit more often, but the songwriting is just as good.

I think it does. Is it better? No I don't think it is. Is it good? Hell yeah it is.

+1

The double-bass-kick-on-steroids-attack gets used (abused) more on part II than part I which is why I like part I better. Just more variety of sound and tempo on part I. If you liked the original, you'll like part II.

As I said earlier, I've been wanting to see these guys for so many years. Each year I hope but haven't been pleasantly surprised yet. The new album puts them over the top.

Too late to sponsor them for next year? :Smokin:

Am I the only one that thinks that since RTHD Rob Tyrant's vox have really slipped? I think he's excellent on RTHD, but everything I've heard since is tough to take. His vox annoy me.

Britt

Am I the only one that thinks that since RTHD Rob Tyrant's vox have really slipped? I think he's excellent on RTHD, but everything I've heard since is tough to take. His vox annoy me.

Britt

At the high-end (falsetto) yes, he now sounds pretty strained and can't hold the note for long (just like most aging frontmen). But for the richer, melodic, lower-end stuff, Rob is still one of my favorites.

Like Andy from Vanden Plas, he's been doing some theater work when not doing the metal thing.

Last edited by a moderator: