New Lamb of God track

I think it is a solid song from begining to end. I like Randy's vocals on it too. They have never disappointed me with their releases. Ashes was kinda "meh" but it still had a few really solid songs on it. I can't wait to get the new one!

MyHatred said:
I think it is a solid song from begining to end. I like Randy's vocals on it too. They have never disappointed me with their releases. Ashes was kinda "meh" but it still had a few really solid songs on it. I can't wait to get the new one!
I too like the vocals. A lot of people were bitching about them but I think they sound pretty brutal. Ashes was a good release, but I think it was a little rushed. The guys took their time on this one, and I cant wait to hear the rest of it.

Oblivious Maximus said:
I too like the vocals. A lot of people were bitching about them but I think they sound pretty brutal. Ashes was a good release, but I think it was a little rushed. The guys took their time on this one, and I cant wait to hear the rest of it.

I agree.

Ashes did sound a little rushed, not a bad cd but not mind blowing either. There is always going to be people that bitch about bands that don't continue to put out the same cd over and over. I think this new album will put them over the top if that new song is any indication of how the rest of the album is going to sound.

I couldn't tell you which is their best. I think all of their albums are good but if I had to choose my favorites it would be...As The Palaces Burn, New American Gospel, Burn the Priest, and then Ashes of the Wake. You should check out their new dvd also. It's a good one to chill and drink beers too.

I saw LoG at what, Ozzfest 2004? They had the best sound, because it sounded like their album - As the Palaces Burn. But then again, that album doesn't sound TOO good, hehe... It's got some weird production on it but the point is their show sounded just the same. I don't recall anyone moving too much on stage though except maybe the singer, who walked around a little bit.

I haven't heard the new song and I don't want to just go to a website where the song will "start playing", I'd rather pop it into FlashGet. If anyone's interested I have the latest Revolver magazine where it lists Sacrament as a free download, I could put the information here on how to log into that but I haven't even tried it yet. Gimme a minute.

Oh yeah forgive my error, the song is called Redneck from Sacrament. -_- Durrr... The thing is, they said the entrance to get the music would be open from July 18th till August 21st, and they haven't updated their website yet. It's still set for the free downloads in issue 47 and I'm holding issue 48. Oh well, I'll try to remember and hook you guys up later when they update it.

Thank you Satan! I loved the last album, though like you said, the songs seemed a bit rushed.

I hope the new CD is as diverse as Gospel. I´ll really liked the Pantera-touches on Redneck. Better than the junkie Anselmo could ever do it now.

MyHatred said:
I couldn't tell you which is their best. I think all of their albums are good but if I had to choose my favorites it would be...As The Palaces Burn, New American Gospel, Burn the Priest, and then Ashes of the Wake. You should check out their new dvd also. It's a good one to chill and drink beers too.

I sampled a few...liked As the Palaces Burn best...bought it...love it!!!:headbang:

schenkadere said:
I sampled a few...liked As the Palaces Burn best...bought it...love it!!!:headbang:

I picked up Ashes too...I think I like Palaces better...there's a little more variety to the riffs...both good shit, though.:headbang:

What's everyone's opinion?

schenkadere said:
I picked up Ashes too...I think I like Palaces better...there's a little more variety to the riffs...both good shit, though.:headbang:

What's everyone's opinion?
I've stated before I liked Palaces better. Theres not a bad song on there. And also, like I said before, Ashes is an ok record, but I think it sounded a bit rushed (LoG did start to build up popularity after Palaces and I think they wanted a quick follow-up). It's still got some great tracks, such as "Laid to Rest", "The Faded Line", "Now You've Got Something to Die For", and "Hourglass", but it kinda drags in the middle, but "Break You" is a fucking awesome song.

Oblivious Maximus said:
I've stated before I liked Palaces better. Theres not a bad song on there. And also, like I said before, Ashes is an ok record, but I think it sounded a bit rushed (LoG did start to build up popularity after Palaces and I think they wanted a quick follow-up). It's still got some great tracks, such as "Laid to Rest", "The Faded Line", "Now You've Got Something to Die For", and "Hourglass", but it kinda drags in the middle, but "Break You" is a fucking awesome song.

I'll go along with you on that.