New Listener Help

Valentine said:
haha,what the fuck!? Solitude Dominance Tragedy would give the best first impression if youre into heavy,but evergrey is more feelings and atmosphere then brutality...or at least thats how I see it;p

I'm going to look for that one next...my local Tower only had Recreation Day and The Inner Circle...how's that one?

schenkadere said:
Hey...I was hoping for some opinions for a first Evergrey album. What is generally considered their best album so far?

Thanks!:headbang:

Their most Metal album is 'Recreation Day', and their most Progressive is 'In Search Of Truth', IMO. The only one I really don't care too much for is the first LP actually. All the rest are phenomenal. You can't really go wrong in any of them.

Oh, and lyrically, the subject matter on 'The Inner Circle' has some of the most dismal lyrics I have ever read. Just haunting stuff.

Hope that helps.

schenkadere said:
I'm going to look for that one next...my local Tower only had Recreation Day and The Inner Circle...how's that one?

the inner circle is the latest album,and probably the coolest concept,so you ought to check it out....SDT is the hardest album to get by the way,I had to buy it on ebay;p but why dont you download "solitude within" and "nosferatu" from evergrey.net? Its on the download section:)

Valentine said:
the inner circle is the latest album,and probably the coolest concept,so you ought to check it out....SDT is the hardest album to get by the way,I had to buy it on ebay;p but why dont you download "solitude within" and "nosferatu" from evergrey.net? Its on the download section:)

I like Recreation Day more each time I listen to it....great album...I really like the guitar player...which other releases did he do with them?

ok...I bought SDT...you guys said this was heavier...I disagree...Recreation Day is heavier and a far superior album...that thing with the alien abduction voice overs is pretty bad...in fact, what's with all those voice overs? Overall, I'm very disappointed...I hope it grows on me.

schenkadere said:
ok...I bought SDT...you guys said this was heavier...I disagree...Recreation Day is heavier and a far superior album...that thing with the alien abduction voice overs is pretty bad...in fact, what's with all those voice overs? Overall, I'm very disappointed...I hope it grows on me.

There's some good material on SDT, but IMO it's not even as good as MMA.

Evergrey has grown and developed since that album and that is evident in MMA even if it isn't as heavy as it's predecessors.

Although The Inner Circle has quite a few voiceovers, IMHO, it is their best album. It might not be the heaviest, but as a whole package, it is a true work of art. It's on my list of about 5 "perfect" albums.

but I still don't get it..why don't u try "in search of the truth" album??after my opinion it's the most unique album,it's their most important album that helped them become what they are today and...my first album of them:)after my opinion "the inner circle" was a fade copy of "recreation day"..they are both similar as sound.they are good albums in comparision with other bands but I know that evergrey can do better..it was pretty cool to see heavy guitars combined with amtospheric keybords in the SDT album but in ISOT as well.in their last albums they put their style more into the heavy part and I'm afraid that they may become a NU METAL band!..hate those!

schenkadere said:

I like RD much better and I think it is their heaviest album (haven't heard the new one yet).

ISOT is their best IMO.

-sean- said:
but I still don't get it..why don't u try "in search of the truth" album??after my opinion it's the most unique album,it's their most important album that helped them become what they are today and...my first album of them:)after my opinion "the inner circle" was a fade copy of "recreation day"..they are both similar as sound.they are good albums in comparision with other bands but I know that evergrey can do better..it was pretty cool to see heavy guitars combined with amtospheric keybords in the SDT album but in ISOT as well.in their last albums they put their style more into the heavy part and I'm afraid that they may become a NU METAL band!..hate those!

I prefer the heavier stuff as opposed to the more atmospheric, prog stuff...I think RD is a nice mix and the guitar solos are great! I stayed away from Inner Circle because many of the boarders here weren't too crazy about it. Someone described SDT and I liked the description...also, I was able to find a copy...I can't find ISOT...I'd have to order it. How does ISOT compare with RD?

Actually I think TIC is better than RD !...yup!definetly!if you like the heavier stuff than RD is the best choice but u must try ISOT;)

schenkadere said:
How does ISOT compare with RD?

RD is their most riff-heavy guitar album. The others all have their moments of riffing but it is definitely the heaviest one. ISOT is mostly Progressive with some weird-esque moments (not as much as SDT). I happen to love it but you might want to try finding a used one if you're that dissatisfied with SDT.

Walter_Langkowski said:
RD is their most riff-heavy guitar album. The others all have their moments of riffing but it is definitely the heaviest one. ISOT is mostly Progressive with some weird-esque moments (not as much as SDT). I happen to love it but you might want to try finding a used one if you're that dissatisfied with SDT.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not trashing the band...it's just not my thing...although I do think Recreation Day is a truly great album.