New Loudness

I'm glad I never saw this before I heard "Thunder In The East"...... otherwise I would have had a good laugh. Too bad that a good band like Loudness have followed so many bands in their so-called NU-Metal fan quest.

Whats the drummer doing there anyway, catching flies ??
I've read on a Loudness forum that they perform very little live anymore, and allways putting it on DVD ($$$$?) Also the last DVD's seem to be very bad. Last concert entrance was 13500 Yen, about 100$ !!! It included a OISHIKATTA buffet, whatever that may be, seems a rip off to me...

They're about to re-record a compilation of old classics from their first albums as well... I just hope they won't turn these songs into a nu-metal fest...

LOUDNESS singer Minoru Niihara recently contacted BW&BK to confirm reports that the band has re-recorded an album’s worth of Loudness classics. According to Niihara, songs were selected from the band’s first five albums – Birthday Eve, Devil Soldier, Law Of Devil’s Land, Disillusion and Thunder In The East – as chosen by the fans, who voted via the official Loudness website.

The track list (in no particular order) is as follows: ‘Crazy Night’, ‘Rock Shock (More And More)’, ‘Esper’, ‘Like Hell’, ‘The Lines Are Down’, ‘Angel Dust’, ‘Loudness’, ‘In The Mirror’, ‘Lonely Player’, ‘Crazy Doctor’, ‘Milky Way’. ‘Street Woman’ and ‘Mr. Yes Man’.

The as-yet-untitled album will be released in October through Tokuma Communications.

Sad to hear this. I found some clips from their reunion DVD (The Soldiers Just Came Back) and they sounded GREAT! But it looks like they are slipping back into their 90's crap mode, most of their albums from the mid to late 90's are worthless.

I've managed to download about half of the live reunion album (same title as the dvd) and it sounds pretty good. They play mainly just the 80's stuff on it.

f21e89fc.jpg