New Luca Turilli album announced - 'Ascending To Infinity'

Power_Metal_Dom

Epic Metaller
Aug 8, 2006
Frankfurt, Germany
“Hi to everybody! The production is proceeding perfectly and my friend Sebastian and I are having a great time while working on the new album here in the cold Kempten, with the snow visiting us from time to time. Nice atmosphere indeed!”

“As you know in December Alex Holzwarth recorded all his drum parts. Right now we just ended the recording of the new singer and all the choirs. In some days it will be time for Dominique and Patrice to face their parts while I will soon go back to Italy. There, in my private home studio, I will record the rest of the rhythmic and lead guitar parts, the keyboard and the piano and will finalize the last orchestral arrangements for the mix”.

“All in all, the entire studio production of the new album ASCENDING TO INFINITY will last around 4 months but this is normal considered the artistic ambition of the release, the rich presence of choirs and orchestra, the people involved and the record company’s unique support”.

“If you ask me which has been one the most exciting moments of the studio production, I can tell you that the recording of the new LT’s RHAPSODY’s singer has been really amazing. I will use the words of my friend Sebastian to define the skill of the new front man: fantastic and with an unlimited potential… If you want to know more then I can tell you that from our band’s website an exclusive news about him will soon be released. Stay tuned!”

So this will be released under the name "Luca Turilli’s Rhapsody" on June 29th 2012 by Nuclear Blast. Excellent! But sounds a little confusing :/ And the singer for the project with be announced on the official website on February 27th. Exciting!
Tracklist:

1. QUANTUM X
2. ASCENDING TO INFINITY
3. DANTE’S INFERNO
4. EXCALIBUR
5. TORMENTO E PASSIONE
6. DARK FATE OF ATLANTIS
7. FANTASIA GOTICA
8. CLASH OF THE TITANS
9. OF MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL AND LUCIFER’S FALL
- I. ALMA MUNDI
- II. FATUM MORTALIS
- III. IGNIS DIVINUS

& 2 bonus tracks on the special edition with "many exclusive gifts".

After the release there's a tour in Autumn, can't wait for those release dates.

This truly sounds epic. Look at those titles! Fantastia Gotica is finally being released, too! Yay!

This is ranking high on my 'most anticipated 2012 albums' list. June is so far away...

Check the update! The artwork is cool, but Machado always uses the same techniques and honestly I'm getting a little tired of seeing him do the art for every big power metal act these days. :( The guy who did the last two Stratovarius albums should do more - he's incredible. I'm just a little tired of seeing the same wispy scenery on every album I get these days.

Also the merchandise looks awesome. I reeeeally want that hoodie, especially because it's not a zip-up.

I love Felipe Machado but I'm a little fed up of seeing this everywhere :zzz:

That said, looks cool. Feel a bit cheated we're not finding out who the singer is as promised but hey, previews next month.

Ugh yeah I'm sick of seeing that. I dunno, the guy's good but he has the same 'blend' pattern on everything he does. Makes me wonder if he can do anything else. :p

:worship:

This sounds like it'll blow me away. Alessandro sounds like a perfect fit. Does anybody else hear Michael Kiske in his voice? Going to have to pre-order very soon...

Doesn't sound too bad. Will look forward to this one but nothing struck me as particularly new or innovative. I think this new singer sounds pretty average compared to Fabio, will take some getting used to.

35920_425056897505648_160541940623813_1627245_77823905_n.jpg

Anyone else think Dominique looks like one of the high elves from Skyrim? :lol:

Video is not available anymore but I checked them out on iTunes and it sounds phenomenal. This is going to be a great album. I also watched the 16 minute interview (with captions, of course) on the LTR website - having never seen a real interview with Luca before, it's great to see how laid back but excited he is about this project. Sounds like things were getting stale with the old Rhapsody, even though everyone knew it had to end at some point, so it's great to see two Rhapsodies having a blast with what they're each doing, and they're all friends so that's even better.

I really hope this gets brought to North America when they go on their world tour. Alessandro's vocals are amazing all around and I'd love to hear these songs (and more... wink wink, Black Dragon!!) live!