New Machine Head song

Nuno Filipe

You talkin' to me?
Jul 1, 2009
Portugal

I was never a big fan of them but dafuk? This is incredible gay. I think even george michael couldnt put out something so gay. :puke:

Yeah that was pretty gay. More the lyrics then the actual song. See it from MM perspective they've done many albums in the chugga chugga manor and probably felt they should do something "fresh". As "fresh" always means turn gay when a metal band "evolves" to break new ground you get this. Something in between instead of go full throttle either way.

WTF, I haven't listened to any Machine Head song since The Blackening, I must say I'm pretty shocked...

I really dislike that song. They were trying to hard to get radio airplay with that one. I also dont' like their new trash era either. They need to comeback to their hardcore days, add a little bit of technical stuff, hire Andy Sneap, dress like the vatos locos , profit.

This is the MH i like

That's funny cause I can't stand that neo/hardcore vibe they had at the time, I far prefer their thrash period!
But TBH, I'm really not into hardcore nor neo, so that seems logical.

That really was exceptionally queer. But I doubt Machine Head really have any longstanding fans to get too pissed off about it. They seem more like one of those bands that everyone likes for a while when they first discover metal, but gets over before they have a chance to put out a new album.

They seem more like one of those bands that everyone likes for a while when they first discover metal, but gets over before they have a chance to put out a new album.
I don't know. I would place their album The Blackening as one of my favorite metal albums of the '00 decade. Their follow up album was really good, too. I've been into metal for a long time and knew about them. Never cared too much for them until I heard The Blackening. Now, they seem to be going the way of "mass-produced metal crap" that the average meat-head listens to in the gym and thinks Five Finger Death Punch is amazing.

Now, they seem to be going the way of "mass-produced metal crap" .

I think they've always been a pretty commercially focused band, as Supercharger proved. When Through the Ashes of Empires/The Blackening came out metalcore and the thrash revival were in their heyday, so they fused aspects of both to their original style and sold that. My prediction is that after the next album fails (assuming it doesn't go stratospheric among the steroidal ffdp crowd) they'll probably go back to the sound on the last few albums.

Or they'll release the world's least technical djent album.

Reactions: ~BURNY~