New Maiden Song streaming

Ben Breeg is pretty cool. I think DOD is minimaly good with horrible production...highlited by Paschendale & Montsegur. Agree with PM74 and then some...a handful of songs from the last 3-cd's make a good compilation. Being not only good but imo some of Maidens best.

blood bros
ghost of the nav
brave new world
pasch
montsegur
...to name a few

I'll have to hear the rest of it. I own everything by Maiden and have enjoyed the last three releases. I wouldn't expect them, to once again, play the "gallop" from E, C, D, E with the occasional B...so I do appreciate the different appraoch here.

I think the rest should hold up with the last three. The cover is "ok" and not bad but it's not as good as the last 3 covers. BNW was a bitchin' cover....:headbang:

This is more comic-booky than the early albums...or it kind of looks like the cover of an action figure box. :lol:

i wish other people liked maiden as much as me so i dont sound like a fanboy everytime i defend their work! haha

el dorado is cool...though admittedly a little sub-par from what i was expected. i do like it, and think the bridge is really neat and different for them. though if this song went from 6:49 to 5:00 i think it could be much more powerful.

as for the artwork...im a fan. the only thing i wish is they incorporated the original eddie face more. i do really like it though...im my personal opinion, their music and artwork has been developing into something deeper and more subliminally meaningful that they did in the 80's, and i like that.

just my opinion though. ill admit, when i look at maiden at a whole it is hard for me to honestly dislike anything theyve done.

i wish other people liked maiden as much as me so i dont sound like a fanboy everytime i defend their work! haha

Other people like Maiden as much or maybe more, but they just don't get into their recent stuff (myself included)

im my personal opinion, their music and artwork has been developing into something deeper and more subliminally meaningful that they did in the 80's, and i like that.

Care to elaborate? :guh:
I fail to see anything "deeper and more subliminally meaningful" in their recent output... If it was said for Bruce's albums then I'd say yes without much thought.

I agree with someone that said before new song is more Bruce Dickinson style than Iron Maiden... but, "El Dorado" would be a kind of "Tyranny of souls" B-side, leftover or whatever. An average song or worse. Total disappointment... like usual in their last albums.

let bruce make solo stuff again. maiden has been going downhill for years. the new song sounds decent enough but i see a tracklisting full of long songs again

This seems odd to me. While the riffage and progression are not spectacular it seems to me Bruces voice and the vocal delivery are the weakest link.

So we suggest Bruce gets young blood musician for the soul purpose of new life and the rest of Maiden go sit on the porch swing ?

NOT !

I fail to see anything "deeper and more subliminally meaningful" in their recent output... If it was said for Bruce's albums then I'd say yes without much thought.

maybe its just personal interpretation, but i feel like their lyrical content has been great past few albums. thats really what im referring to. excluding a few songs from SIT, i had a hard time finding many songs that meant i felt like conveyed a message.

as for the music, i thought bnw and dod were phenomenal...i honestly have trouble seeing much of the distaste for DOD. even AMOLAD i thought was really well done, though notably weaker than dod/bnw.

idk maybe its because i didnt grow up with them since i was born in 91 that gives me a different perspective, because in relation to my own listening experience, all of maiden's albums have come out since 2000 (cos thats when i turned 10).

i think this new song is average, though i do love the vocals. personally...i feel like this could be another "reincarnation of benjamin breeg" in the aspect that, at least for me, is sub-par for my tastes when compared to the rest of the album. i thought reincarnation was one the bottom 3 for AMOLAD, and i get the same feeling this is the same case.

Looks like the setlist for the current tour is really loaded with reunion tracks. Wish I caught them last time around...:

01. The Wicker Man
02. The Ghost of the Navigator
03. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
04. El Dorado
05. Paschendale
06. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
07. These Colours Don't Run
08. Blood Brothers
09. Wildest Dreams
10. No More lies
11. Brave New World
12. Fear of the Dark