New Manowar?

Nah you're not the only one, Southy. I can handle them in small doses.

Haha 'The Lord of Steel'! It's a strange song.

Awful drum machine, buzzy distorted bass sound, average production overall, embarrassing lyrics... I'd say they phoned this one in if they hadn't been crowing about how they went out of their way to get new mics and preamps and give everyone room to show off (drums especially) on this album.

I've never been much of a Manowar fan but this is terrible even by their standards.

Haven't listened to the album proper yet, but the little I've heard shows that the YouTube video really messes up the sound. Not that it's great, mind you all LT's points still stand, they're just way highlighted in that video.

And you're all listening to it wrong. You can't listen to Manowar the way you can other bands. You need to check out your normal brain when the song starts and put on your "WOOO MANOWAR! HAIL AND KILL" cliché brain and just roll with it. When you compare them to pretty much any other band then yeah, they're trite and stupid, but you need to let yourself exist in their world for the duration of the song.

Awful drum machine, buzzy distorted bass sound, average production overall, embarrassing lyrics... I'd say they phoned this one in if they hadn't been crowing about how they went out of their way to get new mics and preamps and give everyone room to show off (drums especially) on this album.

I've never been much of a Manowar fan but this is terrible even by their standards.

well said