new marshall law album

kwondo79

New Metal Member
Jan 17, 2004
Glasgow Scotland
after lots of online browsing i have heard marshall law are doing a new album called axis of power and will be releasing in the summer .

do any of my fellow metalheads know any other news of this great overlooked uk band :yell:

Yeah I forced Glyn to buy their albums! Hahaha! He said he likes it.

I'm their die hard fan and I own entire albums and mini album "Power Crazy".

I also got very rare Japan only album "Power Game".

When I bought "Power Crazy Best Of" I really become their music addict.

I'm thinking of writing to Paradise Lost message board and ask for more information.

So far Lee Morris has said that Andy Pyke is making a demos at studio in his home somewhere in Birmingham and sending the copy to Lee and Lee will be hitting some drums.

I think current line up is Andy Pyke on vocals and mega great twin guitarists Dave Martin & Andy Southwell. I'm not sure about the bassist since Rog Davis has left the band and teaching guitars at Portsmouth university and currently he's a member of Toby Jepson rock band.

Lee Morris is not joing the band and he's just helping his old mates out.

I think new album will be probably release by Sanctuary Records since they bought all these labels such as Neat, Noise, Castle Communications etc.

This band came totally at wrong time because traditional heavy metal has been died in UK for quite a long time durning the 90's.

The band name were from cult Judge Dredd rip off comic called Marshall Law.

They make such a great in your face heavy metal music. I mean they got the elements of Judas Priest, Metal Church, Metallica, Savatage, Gamma Ray, Running Wild, Accept, Dokken and NWOBHM ish style.

Their last effort Warning From History guested by likes of Tommy Vance, Tony Clarkin of Magnum and Steve Grimmet of Grim Reaper fame.

Their A&R man was heavy metal historian Garry Sharpe Young.

Brilliant band.

I really want to see them live one day.

ROCK THE NATION \m/ (~~) \m/

I'll wait until I've heard the new Annihilator vocalist before I make that call, but I suspect Jeff won't let me down. Agreed 100% with Doro. Not so keen on Marshall Law. They used to be pimped through HM Gear back in the day, but I could never really get into them.

I didn't know Canadian thrashers Annihilator were getting new vocalist. I almost went to see them at Camden Underworld show while back. It was sold out then. I don't have any Annihilator album but in the future I'd like to get some of their album.

Yes I got Warlock's 'Burning The Witches' 1984! This is pretty heavy stuff! Absolute GEM!
I think Doro's 'Fight' was OK but I don't know........ Couple of songs were great.

Man Marshall Law rocks like beast! They just rules man. They played at Bang Your Head and Wacken Open Air back in 1999.

It's definitely Bloodstock band.

I support them more than Dragonforce. Maybe I'm bit biased.

Can't wait for "Axis Of Power".

god_king said:
It was sold out then. I don't have any Annihilator album but in the future I'd like to get some of their album.
I know Eagle prefers "Carnival Diablos", but for me, there's only one Annihilator album I can recommend if you're looking for somewhere to start, and that's "Waking the fury". Simply stunning from beginning to end. Buy it now.

The annihilator album to avoid is 'Criteria For A Black Widow', Its not a terible album but its a bit 'Nu' in areas... Id recommend 'Alice In Hell' myself....

Thanks Tet and Jonoleth, got the Annihilator's Waking The Fury today... What can I say! after the listen I felt like been shot by uzi guns and holes all over the brain. It's absolut brutal and best Snickers bar. Ultra-Motion and My Precious Lunatic Asylum were killer tunes.

Anyways check this out. <http://www.paradiselost.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2672>

lee_pl
Band

United Kingdom
1000019 Posts
Posted*-*02/03/2004*:* 11:13:18 * * *
------------------------------------------------------------------------
hello there,
i'm not 100% sure about whats happening with the marshall law album yet.i think they are still with sanctary music and the album will be recorded this year at some point.i spoke to andy recently and from what i can gather,they are putting together the finishing touches to their studio.i should be going down for some writing and rehearsals after that before we can decide whats happening with the tracks.i think chris is gonna play on some stuff too,as i think i'm only gonna be doing 3 or 4 tracks,but who knows till we get rehearsing.i don't think it will be within the next 2 months though as pl are pencilled in to start our new album on the 19th april,so it will probably be in the down time after i have finished my parts for that.i know that roger is not involved with the band anymore,as he is really in demand as a teacher,as well as being a great engineer which is a shame,as he is an awesome bass player.i still keep in touch with him and it would be good to get the original powergame lineup together again.i can't really give you any more info than that.nothing is definate at the moment,as it will all be down to whether i can fit it in,as pl are set for a busy year and i am intent on getting involved in a few side projects this year if i get any spare time.take it easy.lee

This is what he has to say...

Hope they make album this year...

god_king said:
Thanks Tet and Jonoleth, got the Annihilator's Waking The Fury today... What can I say! after the listen I felt like been shot by uzi guns and holes all over the brain. It's absolut brutal and best Snickers bar. Ultra-Motion and My Precious Lunatic Asylum were killer tunes.

Anyways check this out. <http://www.paradiselost.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2672>

lee_pl
Band

United Kingdom
1000019 Posts
Posted*-*02/03/2004*:* 11:13:18 * * *
------------------------------------------------------------------------
hello there,
i'm not 100% sure about whats happening with the marshall law album yet.i think they are still with sanctary music and the album will be recorded this year at some point.i spoke to andy recently and from what i can gather,they are putting together the finishing touches to their studio.i should be going down for some writing and rehearsals after that before we can decide whats happening with the tracks.i think chris is gonna play on some stuff too,as i think i'm only gonna be doing 3 or 4 tracks,but who knows till we get rehearsing.i don't think it will be within the next 2 months though as pl are pencilled in to start our new album on the 19th april,so it will probably be in the down time after i have finished my parts for that.i know that roger is not involved with the band anymore,as he is really in demand as a teacher,as well as being a great engineer which is a shame,as he is an awesome bass player.i still keep in touch with him and it would be good to get the original powergame lineup together again.i can't really give you any more info than that.nothing is definate at the moment,as it will all be down to whether i can fit it in,as pl are set for a busy year and i am intent on getting involved in a few side projects this year if i get any spare time.take it easy.lee

This is what he has to say...

Hope they make album this year...
You should make an unofficial website for Marshall Law