New Megadeth live album

Psychotron

New Metal Member
Feb 6, 2002
Visit site
Hello fellow metalheads,
Did you miss megadeth when they last came to your town on their "the world needs a hero" tour? too bad for you i guess , but don't be to dissapointed cuz megadeth is coming out with the next best thing! on March 19 2002 megadeth will be releaseing their 1st ever LIVE ALBUM!
Heres the track list:
RUDE AWAKENING
In Stores March 19, 2002
CD - track listing
1. Dread and the Fugitive Mind
2. Kill The King
3. Wake Up Dead
4. In My Darkest Hour
5. Angry Again
6. She Wolf
7. Reckoning Day
8. Devils Island
9. Train of Consequences
10. A Tout Le Monde
11. Burning Bridges
12. Hangar 18
13. Return To Hangar
14. Hook In Mouth
15. Almost Honest
16. 1,000 Times Goodbye
17. Mechanix
18. Tornado of Souls
19. Ashes In Your Mouth
20. Sweating Bullets
21. Trust
22. Symphony of Destruction
23. Peace Sells
24. Holy Wars

I lost interest in Megadeth a few years ago. They were supposed to play Phoenix on New Year's Eve, 99. We bought tickets like the day they went on sale. We got 16th row and made dinner plans and family plans all around the show. Two days before Christmas, they CANCEL. No reason whatsoever. Also, no postponement, just get your ass to Dillard's and get your money back. So I got my money and bought more Christmas shit. Mid-January, we hear on the radio that Marty Friedman quit like oh, forever ago, and THAT'S why they cancelled the show. How did I spend New Year's Eve? FREEZING MY ASS OFF AT A FUCKING POOL PARTY!! Listening to everyone's stupid Y2K shit. Then it RAINED. We got in the house like a minute before midnight and all I could think was how this night would have been so much better if I was at the Coliseum, watching a killer show. And Marty left for what? A solo career? Yeah, he's done soooo much, hasn't he? They could have at least been honest about why they canceled. I fucking hate bands who treat their fans like morons. Megadeth has played here like 5 times since then (cause they live here so they think we're their "hometown") and I haven't been to a single one. The only one I was interested in was MaxRock, which I intended to see Anthrax and leave, but I had to work that day anyway. I could have gone when they taped their stupid live album, they played a tiny theater anyway, but I didn't want to waste my money. Fuck Mustaine. I've got other shit to buy. I haven't bought any of their shit since Risk, because, well we all know what a piece of shit that was anyway. And yes, I AM bitter. LOL

I am gonna buy both the cds and the DVD. You should pick up "Hero" because it is just as good as Cryptic writings if not better.

Actually, "World needs a hero" sounds like "Peace sells" meets "Countdown to Extinction". It certainly has a more old school metal sound to it, and any Megadeth fan should be pleased. Don't let "Motor Physco" fool you, that is the worst song on the album. Ofcourse the worst song is the single, I just don't understand that move! But rest assured, it's a good album.

8 out of 10

AugDawg rating

I've heard the version of 'Peace sells..' thats going to be on the album and it sounds good (i think it is on the Megadeth web site as an MP3). I'll definitely buy the album.

"The World Needs A Farter"

The Farter really likes The World Needs A Hero and The Farter will definitely be buying Rude Awakenings. The Farter also just bought the Killing Is My Business... (Remaster/Remixed) and it is some great metal!!!

Please Join:
T.F.F.C. (The Farter's Fan Club)

People who speak in the third person are really, REALLY annoying. Especially when all they talk about is farting. I haven't been in third grade in quite a while now.

As for Megadeth, I know they taped all their shit in Arizona, I already said that. It was a tiny ass theater, so don't go thinking it was an arena. If they sold out at all, it was the day of the show. And KUPD was giving away tickets every hour for DAYS, including the day of the show. They advertised for two months that it was a taping, and they still had problems getting people to show up, so I can't be the only one that is just plain TIRED of them.

I saw them live in 95, that was enough for me. I don't need to own it.

wow, that one show cancellation really has you bitter. You know darn well that they always do well in Dave's home state of AZ. I personally don't like anything they have put out in years but I do feel glad that they are starting to do older songs and hope that the next cd is heavy. If not, they are officially dead.

I also have high hopes for the anthrax cd to be killer

Megadeth is getting kinda cheez-E after all these years. They flat out ruled when Rust in Peace was out. Countdown wasn't bad but it was all pretty much down hill after that.

Megadeth is great, and I don't care what anybody says, I love Dave. Off all musicians I like I think he would be the most interesting to meet in person. He has a lot of cool stuff to say outside of music. I won't buy the new cd though only b/c I HATE live cd's. Can't wait for their next one. I am pissed that Kill the King wasn't on the new cd.

I was lucky enough to meet Megadeth after a show in Salt Lake City during the Countdown to extinction tour. The guys were just signing autographs, but it was pretty cool considering that is was December and it was freezing. I did get a chance to briefly chat with all of them, and they were all very nice! To my surprise, Mr. Mustaine actually took the time to chat with me for about five minutes. I told him that I wanted to hear at least five more albums from Megadeth, and he said that they would do their best! All this after Suicidal Tendencies claimed it was too cold to sign autographs and they speed out of there in their bus! Too cool man!

THE WORLD NEED A HERO IS A BETTER ALBUM THAN RISK...EVEN MUSTAIN SEZ HE WAS DISAPPOINTED THAT HE CHURNED OUT SUCH CRAP! BRATPRINCESS WILL MURDER THE FARTER I FEAR,
MUSTAINE IS A BITTER FUCKER STILL-CUZ HE GOT KICKED OUT O METALLICA- AT LEAST HE WAS WITH THEM WHEN THEY WERE WORTH A FUCK!EVERY STUDIO ALBUM AFTER BLACK IS SUB PAR BUT I DID GET A GOOD VIBE OFF OF S@M.

freakysean, they don't do that well.

Except when they spend the morning at KUPD, which they won't do anymore because Pratt isn't there. Don't get me started on Pratt.

And it's only their homestate because they moved to Fountain Hills. No one that lives in Fountain Hills will associate with the little people of the rest of the state, so it's not like he's our neighbor.

I just think at times Mustaine and Co. forget where they came from and how they got where they are right now. He does, however, remember he used to be in Metallica, as he mentions it every chance he gets, and if I hear him drop a hint about getting together with James and Lars one more time, my head will explode.

But at least they recognize Risk for what it truly is. I guess that's something.