New Megadeth Song Up For Download!

SweptbackFlame

twitch.tv/SweptbackFlame
Oct 4, 2006
Canada
MTV.com is hosting an exclusive download of MEGADETH's new song, "Gears of War", at this location. The track comes off the group's new album, "United Abominations", tentatively due in March 2007 via Roadrunner Records.

Said MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine about the track: "This was a mix made by [British producer] Andy Sneap [NEVERMORE, MACHINE HEAD, ARCH ENEMY, CRADLE OF FILTH] to apply for the job as mixer on this record and I was so impressed I wanted him to help me finish up the last parts as well as cutting two new songs we hadn't planned on releasing. [It was] a great start to one of my favorite records to have ever made so far. If the process of writing and tracking, and the energy we felt in the studios is any indication, then this is just the beginning of the rebuilding of the perfect beast!"

A video clip of MEGADETH performing "Gears of War" live on October 31, 2006 at Six Flags in Springfield, Massachusetts during the "Gears of War - Match Made In Hell" event has been posted online at YouTube.com.

"Gears of War" Lyrics (not officially confirmed)

Ethnic cleansing
With no defending
These acts of genocide
A fatal ending
With no surrendering
To cover up the cries
And the lie

Smart bombs, precision guided armament
A more sophisticated way to end up dead
Still we search and invent such intelligent weapons
That kill each other
Like the gears of war
Gears of war (x6)

When you ride with thieves
Then you die with thieves
Cross my heart and hope
That you die
When the smoke has cleared
The devil's in the mirror
And you see his warheads
Paint the sky, now you die!

Smart bombs, precision guided armament
A more sophisticated way to end up dead
Still we search and invent such intelligent weapons
That kill each other
Like the gears of war

Solo - Glen Drover
Solo - Dave Mustaine
Solo - Glen Drover [End of "Gears of War" lyrics]

As previously reported, "United Abominations" will include a cover of LED ZEPPELIN's "Out on the Tiles", which Dave Mustaine has previously described as one of the album's highlights. "It could be the best song," he said. "I think it rocks!"

Megadeth bloody rocks! Their album is the only one I am really looking forward to. The new song is quite cool. Doesnt sound like their ususal, but still kicks ass! Nice and heavy, although I would like it to be faster! :)

Spectacular Views
dave mustaine is an even worse vocalist live/than he used to be or somethign
it is all about the passion, and the man has got that, no point of denying. He might not be a great vocalist, but I would rather listen to his honest and driven vocals, than to some well trained, but soulless vocal.. :)

ps. actually this song would not feel outa place on Countdown to Extinction imo

Haha, yes YES. Nice production, good vocal phrasing, some groove, musicality in the breakdown, 2 distinct lead styles with good phrasing... The whispering chant has to go but I like!

it is all about the passion, and the man has got that, no point of denying. He might not be a great vocalist, but I would rather listen to his honest and driven vocals, than to some well trained, but soulless vocal.. :)

Make a person disappear... and NO ONE WILL EVER MISS YOOOOOUUUUUUU!

ps. actually this song would not feel outa place on Countdown to Extinction imo

In a time where bands have a lot of trouble sounding unique this is still distinctly megadeth.

Should be a fun album at least. Will probably get cut up by the critics and internet forum-ers and still go on to sell like 200k copies. Kind of like TSHF.

D.

Just listened.

Not bad, but I doubt I'll be buying the album, since I doubt most of the rest of the songs will be as good as this one, which isn't really that good.