New Megadeth Song

Horus

and his imaginary friend
Mar 4, 2005
Atlantis
Sleepwalker

I didnt hear it until today, and when I heard it, I was like :OMG:
I don't care how old or new any of their music is, I like this song.

Yep, that's pretty good.

haha, well Dave obviously isn't the best vocalist from a technical standpoint, but he's got a distinctive style and I like it. Of the new songs I've heard, that's by far the best.

When the vocals first started, I thought it barely sounded like him. Throughout the song, he seems to sound less like his old self than James La Brie does when he does Dave-style singing at a couple points in the recent DT albums. :lol:

You mean...

"Innocent victims of merciless crimes
All pray to some madman's compulsive designs.
Step by step, try controling my fate;
When you finally start living, it's become too late."

I'm slightly disappointed with the new stuff, actually. Sleepwalker has some good moments, but just doesn't do anything for me the way a song like Holy Wars...The Punishment Due or Architecture of Aggression do. I like the verse/chorus of sleepwalker, but the vocal rythm seems off to me, like he's trying to fit too ,any syllables into the song. The bridgey end part was good, I just didn't like the way it fit into the song as a whole. Maybe I'm being too hard on them, and expecting them to be too much like they were in the past.

I'll still buy the album though, just because Megadeth is one of my favorite bands, and because I think there will be some excellent songs on there - Gears of War and Sleepwalker won't be the whole album, I'm sure.

This is very encouraging, after the first two new songs heard.

Perhaps a bit repetitive, but the song whizzes by real quick because it's pretty kickass.

i rate sleepwalker - sounds a bit like blackmail the universe in parts though... still good none the less. Also i dont understand the intro - sounds like its just tacked on the front of the song... what I cant believe is that they are rereleasing a tout le monde on the new album as "set me free" wtf?!