new megadeth?

redfly

Ruled By The Riff
Aug 22, 2005
Manchester/New England
So what do we think of the new Megadeth?.I miss the background gang vocals of the older stuff.But all in all I like this album and it's growing on me more and more.Good solo's more double bass then there has been in years and nice longer song's.And really cool artwork.

It's not quite what I was hoping for, but it's a hell of a lot better than the last few albums. I proudly add it to my collection.

its alright, besides the early megadeth records, i dont like any of his albums all the way through and i guess its the same for this one. a few good songs, a few average songs, a few filler songs.

I really like it...I was actually surprised that Dave dropped his attempts to be a melodic rock band. It reminds me a lot of Peace Sells and RIP in some respects. I'm going to buy the album. I haven't said that in a long time of a Megadeth album!

I really like it...I was actually surprised that Dave dropped his attempts to be a melodic rock band. It reminds me a lot of Peace Sells and RIP in some respects.

I disagree, I was totally disappointed, being Dethhead for a long time. It has nothing in common with RIP & peace sells, musically. It sounds like a "System" Version 2, but with less faster songs and more Rock
Cool solos though, but that ain´t enough.

At least Dave is returning to form and recognizing thrash and speed metal again,unlike Metallica who are completely fucking lost and don't know what the hell to do(runs to rick rubin for desperate help)_. TSHF was a mustaine solo album until the last minute Mustaine slapped a Megadeth label on it. UA is more of a band effort and seems to be pretty stable and inspired at the moment, which is good for the music and the legacy of Megadeth.

Hehehe...metallica sucks!The worst Testament is better then the best Metallica.On Megadeth though I thought every Megadeth album was a Dave solo album.He barely lets anyone else write and takes almost all credit untill something goes wrong.I love Dave but he is a huge flip flopper even now if you go to their site they have a link for a new interview.He blames Megadeths past problems(the actual albums) on everyone but himself,the record co,managment you name it.Everytime he does an album he says it's the best thing he has ever done until it goes bad and then starts blaming.Like the risk album when it came out he was so proud and said it was so fresh and a new beggining for the band and now that it's the most hated he blames it on outside influences.If you remember old interviews you'll know what I meanAnd the reason Marty and David left changes from interview to interview.Dave needs to admit the buck stops with him,all you need to do is look at the song credits.Dave is a legend and always will be but he quote's when Stella got her groove back in this interview...not very metal.I recommend reading this interview it's not bad.http://www.fmqb.com/article.asp?id=16705

Yep that seems to be a problem with Mustaine, he writes cool music but he has a big mouth and he doesn't know when to shut the hell up. When Megadeth played Columbus Ohio last summer, they were going to play a new song but the crowd didn't cheer enough when he announced it so Mustaine said ok fine then I won't play it and started playing SOD instead. Mustaine has had feuds with so many bands including Pantera, Slayer, Metallica.. and more. Kerry King has called him a "Dicktator"and still hates him. One time back in the day Hetfield kicked Daves dog because he was pissed off at him for some reason, and Dave Punched his lights out, thats why Hetfield probably still hates his guts.

Well Redfly I think evry band says that! I'm sure Chuck said that about the Ritual and Demonic which do not seem to be fan favs.( I happen to love them both)
I 'm just happy to see Megadeth still jamming!!! Same for Testament, Flotsam and Jetsam, Exodus , Slayer , Hopefully Metallica LOL, Death Angel, Anthrax!!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Well Redfly I think evry band says that! I'm sure Chuck said that about the Ritual and Demonic which do not seem to be fan favs.( I happen to love them both)
I 'm just happy to see Megadeth still jamming!!! Same for Testament, Flotsam and Jetsam, Exodus , Slayer , Hopefully Metallica LOL, Death Angel, Anthrax!!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I understand that,But they don't then say it was a mistake after it goes bad and say it wasn't really their idea and blame everyone else.Those other bands didn't try to slip themselves into commercial rock that goes much further then not being a fan favorite they tried other things but stayed true to thrash.That is what I was trying to get at.Maybe I didn't do a great job.By the way I also love eveything Testament has done and all the above mentioned bands(except metallica):)

Yep that seems to be a problem with Mustaine, he writes cool music but he has a big mouth and he doesn't know when to shut the hell up. When Megadeth played Columbus Ohio last summer, they were going to play a new song but the crowd didn't cheer enough when he announced it so Mustaine said ok fine then I won't play it and started playing SOD instead. Mustaine has had feuds with so many bands including Pantera, Slayer, Metallica.. and more. Kerry King has called him a "Dicktator"and still hates him. One time back in the day Hetfield kicked Daves dog because he was pissed off at him for some reason, and Dave Punched his lights out, thats why Hetfield probably still hates his guts.

I think Dave is pretty cool.But aside from that with everything I have heard read or watched I would say Dave seems like a pretty big ahole.I have(almost) never heard him give a compliment to anyone without insulting them in the same sentence no matter who they are.Dave is one of those guys you love to hate.I heard that about Dave's dog thats really funny..not about the dog but about Hetfield getting knocked the fuck out!.What an asshole a whole other level then Dave that guy as issues,kicking dog's and shooting bears to feel good.....Thank god for Testament I can't wait!!!

Dave's a bit Jekyll and Hyde. I've met him twice and he was very polite to me and the people around. Yeah, he's a bit of a rock star, but if you had a lot of people around you always telling you that you were great, you'd probably have a bit of an ego too. I'll always be a fan of Megadeth. Testament and Megadeth are my two favorite bands so I'll always buy their stuff.

Dave's a bit Jekyll and Hyde. I've met him twice and he was very polite to me and the people around. Yeah, he's a bit of a rock star, but if you had a lot of people around you always telling you that you were great, you'd probably have a bit of an ego too. I'll always be a fan of Megadeth. Testament and Megadeth are my two favorite bands so I'll always buy their stuff.

Ya I never heard of him being rude to fans or rude in general.But he sure does have a lot of feuds going,I like Dave but I can't help but talk about his flip flopping it's just funny!and all in good fun.As for ego I think there are just people with ego or not.I think Dave would be like that even if he wasn't a rock star haha.My favorite bands are also Testament and Megadeth..and Flotsam. And I buy it all "except Risk".:)