NEW - MelodDeath mix please help!

the latest one sounds a lot better than the rest, but there's this fartty sound, which i presume is the drums, cause it happens a lot in one of the older tracks

thanks dude, any thoughts on how to get rid of the farty sound? Unfortunately I'm no sound engineer and don't know what I'm looking for, and all the mixes I've done so far were through trial and error and advice from you lovely people here at the board XD
Cheers!

I would bring the snap on the snare out a little more and bring the vocals down a bit. Maybe a little more compression on the vocals. They just need more help fitting into the mix.

I don't really know a ton about recoding, it sounds pretty decent to me, but...

..FUCKING AWESOME TUNES!
Im REALLY diggin it!

haha, ok a couple of things

Thanks for the advice.
The snare I will work on, vocals have been compressed 3 times so I'm a little confused about it now :(

As for the At the Gates comment
HELLZ YEH :p
We take influence from the gothenburg area but add other elements as well. I am in a thrash band also so some of it comes from that in the other songs and umm, Bodom would be a huge influence!

Glad you guys like the tunes, we don't know many Aussie acts who sound like us at the moment so hopefully if we keep writing some good shit maybe one day we can play to you awesome people muhahahaha! :p
*Bloody Australia :(*

cheers Nebulous
If you are interested, we have like a umm.. 'warm up gig' next friday night.
16th May, 6 30pm, Epping Memorial Hall
Cheers!

Yeah, I think I got an sms about it from Joao the otehr day. I'll see how I go getting there.

RE the mix: The snare gets lost in some parts, especially before the first verse. As far as the vocals go, I would agree that they need work. Maybe start again from the start. Take all the compression off and see if you can get them to fit with subtle settings, then automate the loud and softer parts. The rhythm guitars could use some cleaning in the low mids. I'm not too sure how much baring the bass has on the cleanliness of the guitars, maybe you could check that too.

ahh sweet dude! That's just the info I was looking for!
Now low mids, is that like, between 200hz and 1k???
I wish I knew and I SHOULD but as I said, I haven't studied this shit and am still learning a SHIT LOAD! As you can prob tell from the better recordings I've done recently XD

Thanks mate!

Now low mids, is that like, between 200hz and 1k???

Pretty much. I'm sure different people will have a different cut off point for lowmids and mids, but yeah, that region is pretty much where I'd be looking to clean the guitar and bass tracks up. That doesn't mean that you can go and try things below or above to get a better result.
What really stuck out for me was that the guitars were not only abit muddy, but they were clouding the mix abit. Fixing them might help get the vocals within the mix too, without having to actually EQ the vocals too much.

I think that vocals and keys are a bit too dry... I would try a little more reverb/ambience...

Fucking liking your stuff btw! Really good, I hear some old Dark Tranquillity influences (in your vocals too)

Keep it up!

Hades, thanks for the comments dude! Yeh a little more verb and ambience, I will work on that!
Haha, yeh Mikael Stanne is a big influence now, I'm only new to like the Melo Death vocal styles. I'm usually doing the Randy Blythe LOG sorta thing when I do backing vocals in my other band, so this is new for me :p

THanks again for the kind words!

if there's anything else you guys would like to add that'd be sweet, the song gets handed in today for the compilation CD it's going on!
Cheers!