New member Crit? :)

Soundscaper11

Jul 21, 2013
Hey guys! So I thought I'd start off by introducing myself. I'm Spencer, and I have been producing acoustic stuff for awhile, and had a band on the side, but I quit the band and still want to make some rock n rollll! So here is the intro and mixdown of the song I'm working on... not really shooting for metalcore. More along the lines of Saosin/Secret & Whisper/Issues. Lemme know whatcha think!

I'm also really curious as to what you think of my guitar tone. I have literally spent 80% of this whole project messing with tones. Haha *facepalm*

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the tone, but i do believe if the bass had more (for lack of a better term) "uumf" and the guitars are need to be boosted a little more at around the 300-500 range cause i don't hear much of the lower/lower-mid range. Overall the mix is decent. minor tweaks and it should be to much to get it to sound up there. Good job dude

Love the writing! Sounds so good, just a few things I hear... Toms sound a bit boxy like there's a bit too much mid range punching through. Overall guitar tone sounds nice but lacks punch. Bass sounds like its weak in the mid range and only adds mud to the mix. Great songwriting and performance, keep up the great work!