New Merauder Preview Track (Krankenstein content)

Djabthrash

Aug 26, 2007
Paris / Montpellier, FRANCE
Hi guys, longtime NYHC-metal legends MERAUDER have just released a new preview song off their new album, "God is i", to be released in June on Regain Records.

The track is called UNTIL and can be checked out here :

www.myspace.com/regainrecords

There is also another track called "gangsta", that can be checked out on the The Haunted/Merauder/the agonist tour widget player on Merauder's myspace :

www.myspace.com/merauder

I dig that song (which is nothing new since they posted a preproduction version like a year and a half ago on their myspace page), but what the hell i am a huge Merauder fanboy :heh:

It was recorded at Big Blue Meenie studios (in New Jersey is that right ?), like the latest All Out War record IIRR.
Guitar players are using Krankenstein rigs onstage, and i guess that was used for the recording as well, judging from the studio pics.

I find the mix a bit weird (especially the drums that sound very modern/not so natural) but it works well in the end IMO.

Those guitars sound cool, but i'm surprised they turned out being kinda fat (almost sludgy) whereas they had this very presence-ish/sharp Pantera-ish Krank tone on the preproduction tracks. I think it sounds cool though.

p.s: Jorge vocals are totally sick sounding, as usual.

Is this that band that sort of promoted fighting sports back in the 9's in their videos? i remember seeing this long haired guy doing some kung fu and ninja shit while singing to hardcore music.. i think it was this band.

Is this that band that sort of promoted fighting sports back in the 9's in their videos? i remember seeing this long haired guy doing some kung fu and ninja shit while singing to hardcore music.. i think it was this band.

Haha... you're referring to the "Master Killer" music video i guess :)

I wouldn't say they're "promoting" fighting sports or anything though...
But i gotta say whereas Alestorm stuff is about pirates and shit and Fear Factory about Terminator-like stuff, Merauder's stuff is about gang stuff/revenge/war/asian-style shit/latino shit/and a lot of "standard" hardcore themes (family, honor, ...).

Musically i'd say they're a perfect blend of metal and hardcore. Kinda like Slayer meets Madball meets Sepultura meets Pantera.

Aye, that's it.. "I AM THE MASTER KILLER!" that was a pretty cool tune.. i see him with the nunchucks now, FLASHBACK!

Aye, that's it.. "I AM THE MASTER KILLER!" that was a pretty cool tune.. i see him with the nunchucks now, FLASHBACK!

Haha exactly !

The music video is kinda old / cheesy but that's still fun/cool IMO :)

And those lyrics/vocals sound definitely like the guy is gonna decimate a whole gang :)

That Master Killer album is a masterpiece IMO. The following albums sounded great to me also.

end fanboy rant

Last edited by a moderator:
Some various live videos :

Built on blood (new song) - live 2009 on tour with the Haunted :

See you in hell (new song) - live in 2008 (camcorder crappy sound though ... ):

Ratcatcher (new song) - opening for Exodus in 2008 :

Life is pain - Live 2007 :

Master Killer - live 2006 ? :

Last edited by a moderator:
Jorge is a SICK vocalist IMO...

Just watch the Master Killer live video above... at first the crowd is kinda holding the mic and singing the words but then around 1'15 Jorge takes the mic and it just gets BRUTAL

I have the Master Killer album - Mirror shows black is my favourite song on it.
I`ll have to check the new one out when it`s done - built on blood sounds great.

I have the Master Killer album - Mirror shows black is my favourite song on it.
I`ll have to check the new one out when it`s done - built on blood sounds great.

I love Mirror Shows Black too... I used to cover (more like jam actually) that song with my ex-bandmates.

New album will be out toward the middle/end of June.

Great band and great bunch of guys... my band The Judas Syndrome just played a show with them in NJ a few weeks ago! Good times...

That must have been a cool experience. They definitely seem like cool guys. I Have been in touch with Jorge a couple of times via teh interwebz. I like how he always end up bursting out laughing during the set for some crap he said :)

Great band and great bunch of guys... my band The Judas Syndrome just played a show with them in NJ a few weeks ago! Good times...

Holy shit dude as i was checking your myspace out the vocals sounded familiar, next thing i check the band picture and wow...

you got Phil Vibez IRATE singing in your band !

that's awesome ! I love IRATE & Phil singing. Didn't know he had a new band (i know IRATE guitar players are playing in some kind of smooth rock band but that's it).

Album trailer here :

[ame]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=58303919[/ame]

and check this out it's awesome :

[ame]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=58049969[/ame]