New Mercenary CD complete!

nailz

Nov 11, 2002
San Francisco
Visit site
Details on the new Mercenary album
The day has arrived to reveal the upcoming Mercenary album title.

Statement from Jakob:

So, the new Mercenary album has finally been completed, mixed and mastered! It was a really laboursome birth after several intense months of constant writing and rehearsing while playing sweaty gigs nearly every weekend in between. (Note to self: Let's never do that again)

As we went straight into the studio with master producer Jacob Hansen right after the last gig, we couldn't help but to bring along a lot of the immediacy and groove that we love when playing live. The result is in many ways our most spontaneous album ever, but I also believe it's our very strongest yet - it's very melodic, catchy, dark and complex. (Just like any decent metalhead would - or should - want his metal to be.)

With bassplayer/shouter Rene Pedersen recording his first album with us, this album marks the return of some really aggressive vocals - mixed of course with Mikkel's soaring clean singing. It's an album that's straight to the point I think, and I can't help but feel we're at the top of our game here.
I for one have never had a stronger belief in the potential of this band.

The album title will be 'Architect of Lies' and it will be released in late March. Several killer tours and great festivals are already in the works.
This is great news, and I can't wait for it's release. That said, I'm off for the next few days. Don't kill each other while I'm gone :)

(i'm not rob but this picture is priceless)

xmas2007.jpg

fuck yes, i dont really enjoy aggressive vocals but mercenary is the only band that can draw me in with them.

mercenary kicks assssss

Great news...and hilarious illo, too!

(Sidenote: I bought a box of Christmas cards based on A Christmas Story, complete with the leg-lamp blazing out the window onto Cleveland Street, the 'fra-gee-lee' crate, Red Ryder box and a certain snowman who can't put his arms down. :worship: )