New Mesa Cab, Madison Divinity and 5150

MetalWorks

Apr 19, 2007
Sacramento, CA
www.myspace.com
Yeah, the guitars are a tad fizzy, but I don't mind it, though I agree on the tonal imbalance - it makes the stereo image seems really skewed (I feel like I'm listening with my head angled), cuz with the 5150 I actually hear balls AND pitch, and with the Madison all I hear is "crunch crunch crunch" :lol: Still, I played one at NAMM and loved it, so I'm sure it has potential. And the drums fucking RULE dude! Hot damn, the kick is so punchy, did you do any sidechaining or anything?

Yeah, the guitars are a tad fizzy, but I don't mind it, though I agree on the tonal imbalance - it makes the stereo image seems really skewed (I feel like I'm listening with my head angled), cuz with the 5150 I actually hear balls AND pitch, and with the Madison all I hear is "crunch crunch crunch" :lol: Still, I played one at NAMM and loved it, so I'm sure it has potential. And the drums fucking RULE dude! Hot damn, the kick is so punchy, did you do any sidechaining or anything?

It's Slate Kick 5 with a 60hz Highpass EQ. I think there is a Massey CT4 Compressor with like 2:1. I like the way the Massey sounds.

The Kick and Snare feed into an Aux channel which has another Massey CT4 Compressor, Massey Tapehead and finally the McDSP Analog Channel AC2 Big Bottom preset which I have altered to my taste.

Yeah the guitars are fuzzy but they dont bother me as much as some of my previous stuff.

I'm still trying to get a hang of guitars and bass.

What were your settings on the 5150??? I just got a mesa cab for my 5150 and I'm looking for similar tone. I almost have that MCMB sound, but i'm looking for that White Chapel tone, which is what you have. :headbang:

The guitars are fuzzy to a point where I can't really even make out the riffs. I mean I'm not that big a fan of the music, so maybe they are juss chuggin most of the time, but It's really hard to make out the riffage. Also I can't really hear OH's.