New metal releases

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
There's been so many recent metal releases I can't keep up at the moment! What's everyone listening to presently? Currently I'm trying to take in:

- Lamb of God: VII Sturm & Drang (awesome)
- Fear Factory: Genexus (really good)
- Motorhead: Bad Magic (listened once so far - solid.....)
- Dead Letter Circus: Aesthesis (haven't listened to it yet)
- Act of Defiance: Birth & the Burial (ok)
- Black Dahlia Murder: Abysmal (solid)
- Bullet For My Valentine: Venom (ok)
- The Sword: High Country (a real departure for them but great stuff - loving it!!)
- Butcher Babies: Take it Like a Man (ok)
- Ghost: Meliora (my new fave of their 3 records - contender for record of the year!!!)
- Thy Art is Murder: Holy War (solid)

And now - the new Iron Maiden, which sounds absolutely stellar right now!!!!

Still new records to come from Slayer, Megadeth, Trivium, and Anthrax into the new year!!!!

What's everyone else spinning right now???

The dead daisies is the last new release I have cranking,John carabi is a good addition to the band,I'm really only hanging for an anthrax album,metal just doesn't cut the mustard for me these days lol

I went to Best Buy yesterday to pick up the new Motorhead cd, but it was sold out. The new Armored Saint album is probably the best of the year for me so far.

Need to hear the new Fear Factory & Bullet for my Valentine albums, can't wait for the new ones by Trivium, Atreyu, Escape The Fate, Anthrax, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Megadeth. Lately mostly been playing Papa Roach 'Infest', Judas Priest, Faith No More 'The Real Thing', first Aerosmith album.

New Faith No More is solid. The latest Helloween is good, but I prefer the last two a little more.

I am waiting for the New Anthrax album.

The Sword is great. I myself have been listening to lots of Fu-Manchu, The Sword, Corrosion of Conformity, Pelican, Russian Circles, Karma to Burn, Kyuss, and Hank Williams 3.

New Slayer record just leaked - on my first listen now.

Solid. Really solid.

Never heard of The Sword. Just because of this thread, decided to check them out. During the first song I was like wtf, during the second one - love it :lol:

Armored Saint still going strong for me. New The Sword and the latest Faith No More are cool as hell. New Iron Maiden is good. Ghost is holding their own and new Motorhead is what you expect it to be. I really hope the new Trivium is better than the 3 songs that are out now. They are a great band.

Recent purchases in order of awesomeness:

- Fear Factory: Genexus
- Ghost: Meliora
- Cattle Decapitation: The Anthropocene Extinction
- Lamb of God: VII Sturm & Drang
- Soulfly: Archangel

- Iron Maiden: Book of Souls

-King Diamond: Them (first ever one as folk bang on about him. Question is why? It's horse crap. Most annoying metal 'vocals' I've ever heard!

-King Diamond: Them (first ever one as folk bang on about him. Question is why? It's horse crap. Most annoying metal 'vocals' I've ever heard!

It took me awhile to get into King Diamond, but once I did I was hooked. That being said, his voice and writing style isn't for everyone.