New metal venue for Brisbane!

Walls Of Hate

Nov 2, 2006
Australia
The new club for alternative music​

1528436192_l.png

Our new alternative live music venue, Club Phoenix, will be held in the venue formely known as "The Underground".

WEDNESDAY NIGHTS

Kento has already agreed to pull his "Altar of Metal" shows out of The Columbian Bar and start putting them on at the new venue, here's what the venue will be offering:

* 3 metal/rock/hard rock bands
* FREE entry
* FREE Pool
* CHEAP jugs of beer
* on the spot drink specials (like maybe for two songs jim beam might only be $3 so everyone rushes to the bar)

THURSDAY NIGHTS

Whilst it may not be this boards taste, we can't deny the hardcore/screamo scene a venue...we want this to be the home of all alternative music in Brisbane.

*3 metalcore/hardcore/screamo bands
* CHEAP entry (if we get good numbers, maybe then free)
* FREE pool
* CHEAP jugs of beer
* on the spot drink specials (like maybe for two songs jim beam might only be $3 so everyone rushes to the bar)

FRIDAY NIGHTS

Have you ever wanted a place to just chill, drink beer with mates and enjoy metal tunes? I know I have, so every second or so Friday night at Club Phoenix will have a metal DJ spinning tunes for your enjoyment, and every other friday will be any show that gets booked there.

* Metal DJ every couple of weeks ($5 entry)
* Live bands every other week (depends on the show, but we want to keep it to $10 most of the time)
* More giveaways
* More drink specials
* Open alllll night (5am license)

SATURDAY NIGHTS

Saturday's will just be a huge live show each week, depending on which scene books it will determine what kind of music it is. To be honest, we'd like to see an interstate in their each week...and it's very doable.

SOFT'N'SOBERING SUNDAYS

The title says it all really. In the afternoons here we're gonna try find some 'quiet' music to put on whilst creating an environment that everyone can just chill out and maybe nurse their hangover from the night before by instigating the age old technique 'hair of the dog'. Not sure yet if there'll be cover charges, but I'd say tentatively that there won't be as long as people populate the venue.
The couches in this venue will make this for an awesome Sunday afternoon, if we can find some acoustic duo's or maybe have some 'electronica' playing over the speakers I can see myself napping away quite happily in the corner on many Sundays!

So that's the week breakdown.

Some more information:

4mx6.5m Stage

12m main bar, with two other supporting bars...One in the Green Room!!

Girls toilets have 5 working stalls!

Three pool tables and Air Hockey table.

Lots of comfy seating without being away from the music

A camera will be fixed on the stage with the feed going to two huge plasmas within the venue.

2 blocks from train station!!

Buses still in the mall (200m)

Email all requests/gig ideas etc to: cryptic_entertainment@yahoo.com.au

To add Club Pheonix to your myspace www.myspace.com/clubphoenixbrisbane