New Metalcore Mix: Sturgis & Chango Samples

I can't really hear the cymbals in the full mix at all. It sounds like a high freq layer just chillin in the back of everything.

Well in regards to the cymbals, I also think they could stand to come up slightly (Sorry, I'm still getting used to my new monitors.) However Im definitely getting mixed reviews in regards to the lack of high end or the lack of low end. I'm hearing plenty of low end here, but again maybe it's the new monitors..

At 45 secs I'd lower the rythms a little and bring up the single note guitar stuff more. And the cymbals still seem buried. But I prefer the mixes be a little more in your face and this mix seems to put the vocals and lead guitar work at more distance with the verbs you're using and I'd guess the same with your cymbals. Are you using the SSl COMP on the mstr and if so how much gain reduction are you getting?

here's a loop I made with what I consider quite a bit of verb on the drums but it still sounds more in your face. It just doesnt have as much low end as I would have liked: http://soundcloud.com/evilcleatus/test-mix-12/s-2jpsO