New mix (5150/mesa - lopoline cab, real cymbals)

[UEAK]Clowd

Apr 29, 2008
Hey dudes, just looking for some feedback on this. This mix, just like all my mixes for some reason, seems to have this gaping hole in the bass/low mids. Granted, the bass on this is a pitch shifted guitar for now, but still.

Another thing I notice about my mixes as opposed to pro mixes, the pro mixes always seem to have this certain little something that just adds some extra energy and excitement... think this is a preamp issue? I'm pretty skeptical of how big a difference a really good preamp actually makes. I recorded this with an art tube PAC and some crummy allen and heath mixer preamps.

let me know what you guys think. No vocals yet.

http://rapidshare.de/files/40943321/Nagdafas-01.mp3.html

Not liking it too much but I think its easily fixed.. it sounds like you've scooped the 1k area out. Its too middy, the snare is very jarring and the cymbals/hats are way too trebly. I'm also struggling with the low-mids in my mixes, I think ya need some distorted bass in there, it seems to do the trick. Split it into <200, 200-1000, >1000, and distort the middle one a fair bit and the last one even more. Seems to work for me.

Word, I hear you. thanks for the input.

after a few more replies I'll do a re-mix and see if I can fix some issues up.

Dropbox it! lol, rapidshare is such a PITA. Downloading now anyway..

It's a lot better now, I'm liking it. The snare is getting completely lost in the mastering though. The attack transient is barely there :/ Apart from that its really good.

Sorry, usually I have my own FTP but it's down for the moment. I hate rapidshare too. my fault.

thanks for the input, I noticed the snare thing really bad while listening to it in my car just now. It's not so bad on my speakers.