new mix!!!(8505, boobass, ssd3, sm58)

8505 settings are

gain at 1 oclock
power amp at 2 oclock
everything else at dead noon
and then s-preshigh

The drums and vocals sound real nice! The distorted guitars are harsh and kind of undefined. Cool song!

Sounds pretty brutal!

What tom and kick samples are you using from SSD?

I just bought it earlier this week and I'm struggling with these lol

hmmm what is the vocal chain dude? I recorded my vocalist with sm58 some days ago and can't really get decent sounding screams ;/

maple toms and kick 10 sir =]

sick! That's my favorite kick in the LE pack for metal so far!

The maple toms are also my favorite sounding tom set but I want 4 toms in my music and I haven't found a way in the konkat player to use a 4th maple tom pitched down without also triggering the 3rd tom at the same time :(

So I've been trying to make the best of the quik tom set. I may just try make a separate midi track for the 4th tom and trigger drumagog with it

Are you using any of the SSD room sound on the toms?

Despite what other people say, I think your guitar tone is pretty killer for this type of music, especially with only 8505 :zombie:
Maybe a little less mids or some post processing to fatten it up a little bit but besides that its real punchy!

sick! That's my favorite kick in the LE pack for metal so far!

The maple toms are also my favorite sounding tom set but I want 4 toms in my music and I haven't found a way in the konkat player to use a 4th maple tom pitched down without also triggering the 3rd tom at the same time :(

So I've been trying to make the best of the quik tom set. I may just try make a separate midi track for the 4th tom and trigger drumagog with it

Are you using any of the SSD room sound on the toms?

Despite what other people say, I think your guitar tone is pretty killer for this type of music, especially with only 8505 :zombie:
Maybe a little less mids or some post processing to fatten it up a little bit but besides that its real punchy!

=]

my drummer uses 3 live, he actually thinks about buying a laptop and going slate live =]
no ssd room sir =] just straight dry toms
i dont like to post process guitars, i think the problem lies with my equipment, or the lack of which, i use my pc's mic input and plug a boss SD-1 into it :puke:
i believe that even if i had a pod or somethin i woulda have a much better tone :rolleyes:

hmmm what is the vocal chain dude? I recorded my vocalist with sm58 some days ago and can't really get decent sounding screams ;/

theres actually alot of different fx applied to the vox including pitch shifts and different types of delays, but prob all of them go through this:

gate>delay>rverb>saturation>comp>deesser>hipass

Goddamn dude! You got that through the mic input? Fuck. Yo know what this means? It means I really suck! Anyway I think there's some compressor pumping at the intro. Maybe a bit too much pick noise in the bridge part? Nice work! That solo at 1:30 is sweet. The whole thing is well played as well.

Goddamn dude! You got that through the mic input? Fuck. Yo know what this means? It means I really suck! Anyway I think there's some compressor pumping at the intro. Maybe a bit too much pick noise in the bridge part? Nice work! That solo at 1:30 is sweet. The whole thing is well played as well.

haha, ill take it as a compliment =]
yeah i know imma sort it out for the finished song =]
thank you very much, though much of it has been recorded the sturgis way =P