New mix, had to polish a turd!

Output channel of their cabs? Is it direct/emulated signal? Sorry dude but they both sound like an ass and I'd never mix a record like that in these conditions! Tell them to re-record DIs.

Output channel of their cabs? Is it direct/emulated signal? Sorry dude but they both sound like an ass and I'd never mix a record like that in these conditions! Tell them to re-record DIs.

Yeah they connected their amps to a DI box and recorded that signal.
I wish they would re-record some DI's, but that's not gonna happen unfortunately.

Not trying to be a dick and it's obviously not your fault but this is just not acceptable for me. Even money wouldn't make me mix that shit. It'll be your production and affect your reputation at the end.

Other than that I have no idea on how to fix this, sorry. :(

Not trying to be a dick and it's obviously not your fault but this is just not acceptable for me. Even money wouldn't make me mix that shit. It'll be your production and affect your reputation at the end.

Other than that I have no idea on how to fix this, sorry. :(

No problem man, thanks for your input! I agree with you, this song would've ruled their mothers arses if I had some DI's. But hey they seem to be stoked on the result.

Haha except the bassist - who tracked the guitars and bass - he thought it was too - I quote - "digital and thin sounding". No fucking shit Sherlock.

Dude, I've had a band in the past who, like this band, refused to rerecord guitars using DIs. I basically told them that they can get stuffed then because a good mix isn't gona happen unless they do what I say :L You just have to be a bit more pushy with them, because at the end of the day, the ball is in your court. Either they give you some DIs or they can do it themselves, so you're in the power position right here. Just tell them what NEEDS to be done, because the guitar tone is pretty awful. And on top of that, some of it isn't even tight at all, so it really does need to be redone!

Dude, I've had a band in the past who, like this band, refused to rerecord guitars using DIs. I basically told them that they can get stuffed then because a good mix isn't gona happen unless they do what I say :L You just have to be a bit more pushy with them, because at the end of the day, the ball is in your court. Either they give you some DIs or they can do it themselves, so you're in the power position right here. Just tell them what NEEDS to be done, because the guitar tone is pretty awful. And on top of that, some of it isn't even tight at all, so it really does need to be redone!

They don't want to record DI's, either this or real amps. Oh well, I'm trying to make it sound as good as possibru, so it won't damage my resumé too much.
How's the tone in the new version?

It's pretty awful tbh. Did you take the cab output and try to load an impulse on it, and then eq it to fuckery?
That's what I'd do.

It's pretty awful tbh. Did you take the cab output and try to load an impulse on it, and then eq it to fuckery?
That's what I'd do.

you can still load an impulse on that shitty cab output!

Anyone wanna link me to a decent tutorial for impulses?
Been meaning to learn how to work with it, but I didn't really had the time due to exams. Might check it out for this project though.

Fuck these dudes. If they don't wanna give you decent tracks then tell them to get the fuck out.

A bit off topic, but a band I tracked is getting their EP mixed by Karl Schubach cause Solace-ish stuff is more their style. They're releasing a pre-master track on friday!

Look up "God's Cab" impulses. there's a ton, they're free. all you gotta do is load the impulse into a convolution reverb plugin (IR-1, logic's Space Designer, etc) on each guitar track.

Thanks man, isn't this the same stuff LePou's ReCab or something like that is used for?