New mix to check out...

I don't really have any complaints about the bass.
At first I thought the guitars were to bright & fizzy but after 30 seconds I decided for the most part that they sound great.
The drums bother me the most, especially the toms, they sound flat & dull.
Snare seems louder than the rest of the kit.
Overheads need to be brighter IMO.
The drums in general just lack the power that the guitars have.
They need to be "in your face" with more punch I think.
It's not that bad though.

Radd said:
I don't really have any complaints about the bass.
At first I thought the guitars were to bright & fizzy but after 30 seconds I decided for the most part that they sound great.
The drums bother me the most, especially the toms, they sound flat & dull.
Snare seems louder than the rest of the kit.
Overheads need to be brighter IMO.
The drums in general just lack the power that the guitars have.
They need to be "in your face" with more punch I think.
It's not that bad though.

I tend to agree with the toms...I'm always experimenting with them and to me they sounded a bit like a marching band's toms. I also agree with the overheads...thanks! I'll see what I can do with them.

kev said:
definitly low pass that guitar tone to kill of that fizz, and then i reckon you've got a pretty solid 'rectifier' sound there :kickass:

Sounds great!!!

OK, I've attempted the low pass, not sure I know what I"m doing! LOL but the tune is now updated...plus I've reworked some of the drums.....

Thanks for all the input! Much appreciation!

BTW, I really gotta get some better monitors. ;)

Radd said:
The toms & overheads sound a hell of a lot better now.
The guitars now sound a bit muffled. Is there EQ on them?

I EQ'd them originally which is where all the fizz came from. I did a low pass on the POD tracks which specifically removed the fizz from the Treadplate patch I used.

You think bump the guitar tracks up a bit, volume-wise?

Hapexamendios said:
I EQ'd them originally which is where all the fizz came from. I did a low pass on the POD tracks which specifically removed the fizz from the Treadplate patch I used.

You think bump the guitar tracks up a bit, volume-wise?

I was hoping someone else would help you out here because I'm not experienced with this yet.
Is there a way to get a little bit of that presence back on the guitars without the fizz???
The volume on the guitars sound fine, I don't think they need to be bumped up.

kev said:
definitly low pass that guitar tone to kill of that fizz, and then i reckon you've got a pretty solid 'rectifier' sound there :kickass:

Sounds great!!!

Not to step on toes but using a low pass to get rid of the the fizz might be a bad idea. It seems like the "fizz" is much lower then the cycles you still need. If you low passed alway down to it you would be cutting other stuff out that you need.

Radd said:
I was hoping someone else would help you out here because I'm not experienced with this yet.
Is there a way to get a little bit of that presence back on the guitars without the fizz???
The volume on the guitars sound fine, I don't think they need to be bumped up.

I you low pass you're probably not going lower then 10k (I hope :D) in which case you can boost something like 8k a little. If you can re-amp or something, just ad more prescense to the original guitar sound.

I thiiiiink...