New Morbid Angel Album

daulton

Jun 25, 2007
Any Morbid Angel Fans out there? They just came out with a new Ablum. It's called lllud Divinum Insanus. For me I don't like it sounds nothing like morbid angel.

Morbid Angel is one of my all time favorite bands, but I have to say the new album is horrible. I can understand when bands want to try something new and change direction, but going from death metal to electronic techno fist pumping dance music is too drastic of a change.

They'll always be one of my favorites because of their early albums, but this new album is a first ballot inductee into the Hall of Shame, right up there with Celtic Frost's Cold Lake.

I had to check it out given the ridiculous reaction I've seen on Blabbermouth. You guys are all overreacting. Take away the 2-3 industrial tracks and it's straight up death metal. Yeah a few don't make sense, but the rest is standard fare.

I am a long time Morbid Angel fan. I think the album is half terrible and half great.

There are 5 songs that are bad ass. Very good, typical sounding Morbid Angel songs and for that reason I like this album. Just skip past the few industrial songs and it's a good album!