New Motley album in the works...

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Glad too see Tommy Lee is on board for a guy that "doesn't like to play rock 'n' roll" he sure spends a lot of time on the road playing it. I was hoping they'd get Bob Rock to work on the album, but James Michael is a guy who is building a reputation as a songwriter and producer......

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=93033

James Michael, who is a member of MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx's SIXX: A.M. musical project, has been "locked away in the studio for the last couple months producing the new MÖTLEY CRÜE record," the first full-length recording by the original lineup in more than a decade. According to James, "it is truly incredible! The songs are stellar and the band is at the top of their game, rocking harder than ever. I get chills every morning when I step into the studio and hear playback on what we did the night before. I am so proud of this record. You're going to FUCKING LOVE IT!!!!"

Sixx wrote at his personal blog a couple of days ago, "I fucking love this new MÖTLEY CRÜE album. Tommy's [Lee, drums] kickin' ass, Vince [Neil, vocals] sounds insane and [Mick] Mars is shredding on guitars. It doesn't feel like one song is better or worse than any other. It feels so good to be excited about something you've worked on so hard... I'm so excited for you all to hear it."

The new CRÜE album, "The Dirt", named after the band's memoir of a few years back, is tentatively due out on July 8, with a world tour slated to commence around the same time.

SIXX: A.M. recently postponed a planned spring tour due to "unforeseen circumstances" and "will most likely hit the road in the summer of 2008." The SIXX: A.M. album serves as the "soundtrack" to Sixx's memoir, "The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star".

That is cool. I am glad Mick can still jam. I know he has a pretty bad disease and he is considerably older than the rest of the band as well. Nikki might be the main songwriter, Vince the frontman and Tommy the best musician, but Mick's riffs and tone have always been the engine of The Crue in my ears.

Bryant

Glad to hear Mick is still going strong. I met him at the 2007 winter NAMM Show, and he looked like he'd been through the ringer.

DSC00556.jpg

Cheers!
:headbang::headbang::headbang:

That will not happen again...
Though I wouldn't rule out Nikki and Mick doing soemthing with him down the road (non-Motley)....

I met Corabi a couple of weeks ago when we played in Spain (RATT was on the bill. We actually wound up hanging out with them for quite a bit, as we had the same flights. Cool bunch of guys.). Nice guy. Also looks like he's been through the ringer!

Cheers!
:headbang::headbang::headbang: