New mp3 clip available!

Hahah it's SOOOO Power Quest! Be no mistakings. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And without sounding like an annoying Maccy D's comercial, I'm Lovin' it! That preview made my day! Whooohooooo.

I completely agree with the previous comment. It is completely power quest, sounds like a wicked song and it's great to see that the ambience from Neverworld has transferred to the new album. Personally I don't think that it compares to the likes of Glory tonight and wings of forever, but then if there was a song that could compare with those two it would probably cause a cardiac arrest. It's certainly true when the critics say that the band has matured greatly since the first album. Does anyone think that there is something lost between the first and second album? I think the songs are better in the second album but I still listen to the first album far much more, why is this?

SteelFrett said:
I completely agree with the previous comment. It is completely power quest, sounds like a wicked song and it's great to see that the ambience from Neverworld has transferred to the new album. Personally I don't think that it compares to the likes of Glory tonight and wings of forever, but then if there was a song that could compare with those two it would probably cause a cardiac arrest. It's certainly true when the critics say that the band has matured greatly since the first album. Does anyone think that there is something lost between the first and second album? I think the songs are better in the second album but I still listen to the first album far much more, why is this?

I too, listen to the first album more. And it's not because I heard it first and had time to learn every lyric, riff and chord, since I heard both albums together just after the release of Neverworld. I can't place it either, since I was thinking maybe they sounded better live or something, but I enjoy Temple of Fire live just as much as Wings of Forever live...

Tonberry said:
I too, listen to the first album more. And it's not because I heard it first and had time to learn every lyric, riff and chord, since I heard both albums together just after the release of Neverworld. I can't place it either, since I was thinking maybe they sounded better live or something, but I enjoy Temple of Fire live just as much as Wings of Forever live...

http://www.power-quest.co.uk/downloads/findmyheaven.mp3

so which songs of wings do you people like the best ?

we are thinking of doing some of these again for an E.P later this year :headbang:

looseunit said:
http://www.power-quest.co.uk/downloads/findmyheaven.mp3

so which songs of wings do you people like the best ?

we are thinking of doing some of these again for an E.P later this year :headbang:

I love the whole album but particular standouts are:

Wings of Forever, Far Away, Glory Tonight (everyone must love those)

and also for me personally I am rather fond of Power Quest Part 1 and Follow Your Heart.

Again though, it's very hard to pick as the whole album rocks. So, are you re-recording the songs in question? New versions would certainly be interesting... :headbang:

Dream Thief said:
I love the whole album but particular standouts are:

Wings of Forever, Far Away, Glory Tonight (everyone must love those)

and also for me personally I am rather fond of Power Quest Part 1 and Follow Your Heart.

Again though, it's very hard to pick as the whole album rocks. So, are you re-recording the songs in question? New versions would certainly be interesting... :headbang:

So you pick 5 out of 10 songs! :)
I'm defiantly sure about Wings of Forever, Far Away, Glory Tonight and PQ part I, and probably follow your heart now i listen to it a few more times since you voted for it. The problem is, that's pushing (well, actually IS!) half the album. I think you'd need to decide which ones are really WORTH re-recording and releasing on EP, rather than just releasing Wings again since us "forumers" love it so much.

The thing that really sells EPs for (or the main reason I buy them) is the album cover. If it's totally out of this world then I'm there, and can say: "I love the band this much; (arms wide :tickled: ) just look at their cool covers!" to convince non-believes. I'm not too interested in the Drum and Bass versions *ahem*Threshold*ahem* of songs, or unplugged versions of songs that should of stayed as they were, so I don't buy singles for those extra "edited" versions of tracks I've already got. Make sure you get some kickass album cover, and I'll buy whatever you're selling :loco:

well apart from the big 3 i have to say i love Immortal Plains blinding balled from Wings Of Forever, And again with Neverworld its was When Im Gone that really struck a chord with me first of all then followed by the faster songs For Evermore, Neverworld,Lost Without You etc.

I always find the slower songs have more emotion in them then the normal fast paced frolic take Sorrowsong by Charon for example i had a tear in my eye when i first listened to that. I have been through hard times during my life (who hasnt) and that is reflected in the songs i write and sing guess thats why i connect more with the slower songs. Well thats my 2 cents worth anyway :)

Personally I could live without Far Away, I'd gladly swap that one for follow your heart. I think follow your heart has a certain difference to wings of forever and glory tonight which makes it really stand out. Something that makes you simply nod and smile in appreciation at the guitar riffs.
As far as the ballad goes, I always find that I over listen to them when I first hear them. After that I tend to listen to them a lot less, I think it's some kind of curse. I would hope that these re-recordings would maintain the ambience of the first album, that something that was mentioned before that we can't quite place. I don't know if it's the roughness compared to the other albums, but there's certainly some extra power that keeps forcing me to listen to it.

We;ll have to see what happens regarding re-recording....as ever these things are as much a question of time/money as anything else.Might even have some more new tunes by then.

As for kick ass album covers.....looking forward to seeing what you all reckon to the Magic album cover!

Symphony said:
We;ll have to see what happens regarding re-recording....as ever these things are as much a question of time/money as anything else.Might even have some more new tunes by then.

As for kick ass album covers.....looking forward to seeing what you all reckon to the Magic album cover!

I've checked the site about 5 or 6 times a day since you announced "preview of cover art" about a weeks ago. I'm so working myself up to see this that I'm probabily going to crap myself with glee when I actually do see it.

Who has done it btw?

Classic PowerQuest all the way. I look forward to hearing it in its entireity :)

As far as Wings Of Forever songs go...I'd say the title track, Glory Tonight, PowerQuest (my favourite), Immortal Plains and Follow Your Heart...though in all honesty I'd say the originals are fine!