New Mr. Big Vid

Fair enough...

Its like Pain of Salvation. You either love 'em or hate 'em. They had a brilliant run with their 1st 5 discs where they could do no wrong...then they did wrong and there doesn't seem to be any hope at all for a revitalization

Fair enough...

Its like Pain of Salvation. You either love 'em or hate 'em. They had a brilliant run with their 1st 5 discs where they could do no wrong...then they did wrong and there doesn't seem to be any hope at all for a revitalization

I knew we were gonna reach an agreement eventually. PoS is amazing up until they decided to go in the moron route and release Road Shit... I mean Salt.

I just wanted to scrap with somebody this morning lol

I thought "Be" was the creative peak. Not particularly my favorite disc by them, but this was it, like Rush "Hemispheres" they went all out.

"Scarsick" was very hit and miss, and I kinda knew they were heading down the wrong road, but I never expected Road Salt to be as fucking miserable and shit filled as it was

... but I never expected Road Salt to be as fucking miserable and shit filled as it was

I'm beginning to wonder if I've got a wrong copy of Road Salt, because to me it's one of the very best albums of the year. But, seeing all the horrible comments y'all are giving it, I totally must have gotten the wrong disc.

I'm beginning to wonder if I've got a wrong copy of Road Salt, because to me it's one of the very best albums of the year. But, seeing all the horrible comments y'all are giving it, I totally must have gotten the wrong disc.

Not sure what you are loving about it. I like the style, but not the performance. Yet, I'm definitely a fan of every other PoS album. Maybe I need to revisit, but many of the songs just did not work for me.

Wha? Accept? Rage? Europe? Helloween? Pretty Maids? Grave Digger? Krokus? King's X? Lillian Axe? Vicious Rumors? There are a few "80's" bands still pumping out good stuff.

Cmon haha. The newest Lillian Axe releases are shit, and this is coming from a huge fan of the old stuff. New Krokus was average at best. Europe meh I'm not impressed.

Accept, Helloween, and Pretty Maids for sure.

Not sure what you are loving about it. I like the style, but not the performance. Yet, I'm definitely a fan of every other PoS album. Maybe I need to revisit, but many of the songs just did not work for me.

I love the emotions in the music and how it comes across, I love the production which is very "raw" and "different" for PoS, I love the guitar playing on it (I really think this is Johan's greatest work) and I love the combination of simple songwriting of the melodies with the "typical" technical stuff that FLOWS together as one.

This explains everything! Your copies of the new Allen-Lande and PoS were accidentally switched. That's the only explanation for dogging the new Allen-Lande and loving the new PoS.

Random thoughts:

1) I really love this song. Really looking forward to hearing the actual album.

2) King's X has always, and will always rock(ed). You simply either "get it", or you don't.

3) I loved the new Allen/Lande CD, but that's kinda irrelevant. :p

Via www.melodicrock.com

Producer Kevin Shirley on Mr. Big: "I mean, you take a band like Mr Big. There's such an amazing depth of talent in that band, and the same goes for Journey and Maiden and all these guys. They're brilliant. The trick, for me, is to make them feel like they're 19 again." And how do you do that? "By getting them to write great songs and not be too clever with their musicianship. Stop thinking about the press and the reviewers. Do it for the right reasons. Make music to pull chicks and stop worrying about turning on the Steely Dan guys."

You had glowing things to say about Mr Big. What were they like in the studio? They had a bit of a rough breakup before this reunion.
"This was my first time working with them, but I thought they were terrific. We had two weeks in the studio, not a lot of time, but it forced me to capture them playing live and getting a lot of energy - which definitely happened. Musically, they were much more like a Stone Temple Pilots band than, say…you know, hair metal of the '80s. They were hungry and ready to go, and I think the results speak for themselves."