New Musik

Orcus

Demon Prince
Aug 29, 2006
Can some one please tell of other bands that play the same kind of musik as Borknagar.
I am in desperate need of new musik!!!

Orcus said:
Can some one please tell of other bands that play the same kind of musik as Borknagar.
I am in desperate need of new musik!!!

hmm try;

Enslaved
Ulver
Wintersun
Vintersorg
Diabolical Masquarade
Agalloch
Arcturus

You should also SERIOUSLY check out these up-and-comers. Reading this, you will likely be very reluctant to actually listen to non-professional bands, but I'm telling you, it's WORTH it. Quietus is well worthy of Bork fans.

Quietus: http://www.myspace.com/myspacequietus

I would recommend checking out the track "Leaders of Decay". There are some newer and better tracks of theirs that I have, not on their myspace, so if you want to hear more/better stuff, send me a message.

Haunted Era: http://www.myspace.com/hauntedera

Check out "Black Blizzard". Yes, you may find out that this is my music. I'm promoting it here because it's heavily inspired by Borknagar. Black Blizzard is a solid track, you'll probably like it if you like Borknagar.

Enjoy! And remember, myspace lowers the sound quality for faster streaming, so what you hear is worse than the original tracks.

@Nick Perrin: Quiteus was quite good, though I don't really care for the vocals. A bit too "girly" for my tastes. It could become great though.

As for your own stuff: Fuck, that's good, man. Find yourself a vocalist and get signed. I'll buy it, you can be sure of that. (Though I don't appreciate the band's name much). And by the way, if it's not a problem with you I'll add the link to a couple of profiles on other baords, just to spread the word.

Naglfar said:
Ulver's most recent (Blood Inside) is very far from resembling metal, and while an interesting album, I don't recommend it for someone looking for Borky-type metal.

Bergtatt is a good thing to look into though.

i for one think that if you like borknagar, especially it's 'strange' and varying aspects, you should definately give Ulver's Perdition City and Blood Inside a try. of course, it's completely different, but after a couple listens you'll start to like it. and as you pointed out, you're looking desperately for new music. ;)

as for other 'real' metal bands, try Age of Silence, Solefald, Sturmgeist and Spiral Architect.

RIP steve irwin

I'm liking this thread, it's helping me too even though I have already heard most of the suggested bands.

@Nick Perrin: Quiteus was quite good, though I don't really care for the vocals. A bit too "girly" for my tastes. It could become great though.

Yeah, I think his singing voice has improved a bitnow though, but I have never been too fond of it either. I love the music though.
I can send you a newer track of theirs that is really excellent, if you want to hear it.

If you can guess how me and the lead man of Quietus know each other, you will win a full quality Quietus and Haunted Era track, meaning not toned down by mypsace's media player!... (I have to put some kind of reward in there or noone will care)

Nick_Perrin said:
I'm liking this thread, it's helping me too even though I have already heard most of the suggested bands.

Yeah, I think his singing voice has improved a bitnow though, but I have never been too fond of it either. I love the music though.
I can send you a newer track of theirs that is really excellent, if you want to hear it.

If you can guess how me and the lead man of Quietus know each other, you will win a full quality Quietus and Haunted Era track, meaning not toned down by mypsace's media player!... (I have to put some kind of reward in there or noone will care)

Hmm. A challenge. Well, I'll just go for the obvious. Brothers?
But yeah, I'd love for you to send me that newer track. If the vocals have improved, it should be quite good.