New Nocturnal Rites video, etc.

biggs0072000

Who drops crackers?
Apr 1, 2006
Albany, Ga
Taken from Blabbermouth:

Swedish melodic metal outfit NOCTURNAL RITES has posted its brand-new song "Never Again" at the band's myspace page. The video for "Never Again", which was directed by the band's drummer Owe Lingvall of Village Road Films (WOLF, CARNAL FORGE, MORGANA LEFAY), is available for viewing at Youtube..

"Never Again" comes off the group's upcoming album, "The 8th Sin", which was produced by the band themselves, co-produced by Shep and mixed by Mattias Eklund and NOCTURNAL RITES at Toontrack Music in Umeå, Sweden. The cover artwork for the CD was created by renowned artist Axel Herrmann, who previously worked with ICED EARTH, DREAM EVIL, UNLEASHED, EDGUY, SODOM and many more. According to a press release, "The 8th Sin" offers "a slightly more modern sound with harsh riffs, huge choruses and the band's classic guitar extravaganza. But don't be afraid of any bad surprises, the new album is 110% NOCTURNAL RITES from start to finish!"

"The 8th Sin" release dates:

Sweden: Wednesday, May 16
Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Benelux, Italy: Friday, May 25
U.K., France, Spain, Denmark, Norway, Rest Of Europe: Monday, May 28*
Finland, Hungary: Wednesday, May 30, 2007.

* If May 28 is a public holiday in your territory, your release date will be Tuesday, May 29.

NOCTURNAL RITES' last album, "Grand Illusion", was released in September 2005 via Century Media Records.

So guys, how's it sound to you? I personally still think that New World Messiah was their best.

By all that is holy... that's some good metal. Still in the vein of Grand Illusion (my favorite of theirs), but it sounds like they're adding new tricks.

I was kinda turned off by the techno-beat sounding intro, but then the metal goodness kicked in, and I got extremely happy.

"The 8th Sin" release dates:

Sweden: Wednesday, May 16
Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Benelux, Italy: Friday, May 25
U.K., France, Spain, Denmark, Norway, Rest Of Europe: Monday, May 28*
Finland, Hungary: Wednesday, May 30, 2007.

* If May 28 is a public holiday in your territory, your release date will be Tuesday, May 29.

:cry: *sniff* *sniff*
No American release date?! :err: Why does this not surprise me?

This band never dissapoints for me. I love how it never takes them long to have new music, so they always have a fresh spot into heavy rotation :p. I think this nicely commences an old school Nocturnal Rites-athon, LOL. All Hail NOCTURNAL RITES!! :)

Embarrassed to say I really knew nothing about this band!! However based on what I've read here in these postings that is indeed changing -- I definitely like what I have checked out so far!!

As an aside -- one of the best benefits of this forum for me has been seeing the names of so many bands bandied about that I really have little or no familiarity with. Many of you have made excellent recommendations in the various postings throughout this forum that have introduced me to many great things I otherwised would have missed out on!! I suspect my 700+ CD collection would be dwarfed by those of many of my fellow forum members!! I have lots of catching up to do!!! :lol: