New Obituary

For the guy from Iceland, recommended viewing:

followfrancis.jpg

Frozen In Time was pretty good, so I expect the same for this album. It is probably going to be like their later sound; forcefully heavy and abrupt and they do it well.

Oh Wyvern, I know you're no fan of death metal, silly....:p

Well believe it or not I had a death/grind metal "phase" which coincide actually with the first efforts of bands like Obituary, Death, Sepultura, Cannibal Corpse, Transmetal, Gorefest, Entombed, Pestilence, Napalm Death, Carcass, Righteous Pigs, Malevolent Creation, Benediction and so.

I was already teaching in the university and some students and friends alike feed me all this stuff, I still have videos of some of these bands on old VHS tapes somewhere.

Now for many bands if you take off the vocals, you have to recognize the quality and power of the instrumental work. Most people believe this are guys who doesn't know how to play and it's the opposite look at Chuck Schuldiner (RIP), James Murphy, Ed Warby, Mike Ammott, Sean Malone all masters of their instruments, all in death bands at one point.

But eventually you outgrow those times :saint:

BTW, love your new avatar. Clint is DA MAN!

NP: Arabesque - 'Naked'

But eventually you outgrow those times :saint:

NP: Arabesque - 'Naked'
I dunno man, sometimes, somepeople...

I used to be a grindcore/hardcore fan as teenager, those styles dont appeal much to me anymore so I can kinda agree with what you say. However, I still really enjoy my death, black & doom although I dont actively seek new acts/artists in those fields.

I kinda wrote off my lost interest in Grind etc as a "growing out of phase" but i still enjoy other forms of extreme metal as long as it has good hooks.

However, I still really enjoy my death, black & doom although I dont actively seek new acts/artists in those fields.

Sorry I was being sarcastic with that quote. Many times people have told me how can you listen to metal, you're 40! It was ok for highschool but you should have outgrow it by now...

KMA!

Anyone should and must listen to whatever appeal to his/her senses, there's no account for taste.

NP: Вольная Стая - 'Не зови и не проси'