New old stuff to check out

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
Updated the page today. Any one who would like to check it out click here --

http://nasapunk.tripod.com/greeno/front.html

Put up some old Pantera for Baldy, and a couple Obsession tracks.

Blady- I also uploaded a track by My Sister's Machine. The singer reminds me a little of you. He flips between a straight voice and a raspy voice. His raspy (for lack of a better word) style reminds me of you.

If anyone checks this stuff out post here, if no one is into it I'll stop uploading stuff. Either way is cool.

thanks for doing that for me greeno.i tried downloading power metal earlier,but for some reason it made my internet explorer programme shut down.i'm not very good with these computer thingys.
can you tell me as well,seeing as you are obviously quite handy with this stuff,when i download something,where does it go?how do i get to it?i tried downloading some stuff a few weeks ago by a band in the unsigned bit of the forum,the computer said it was finished,and i just expected it to play but it didnt.i havnt got a clue where to look for it.dumbass.

baldyboy said:
thanks for doing that for me greeno.i tried downloading power metal earlier,but for some reason it made my internet explorer programme shut down.i'm not very good with these computer thingys.
can you tell me as well,seeing as you are obviously quite handy with this stuff,when i download something,where does it go?how do i get to it?i tried downloading some stuff a few weeks ago by a band in the unsigned bit of the forum,the computer said it was finished,and i just expected it to play but it didnt.i havnt got a clue where to look for it.dumbass.

To download a song right click on it and hit "save target as". You should get a promp box come up and all you have to do is choose where (in which folder) you want to put it on your computer. After it's finished downloading just go to that folder. Let me know if that helped.

Psychonaut said:
I check 'em out whenever I can. I appreciate it too. I actuallyhadn't heard all that much old Pantera. They're really not that bad, either.

Cool. Glad you check them out. Just wanted to make some of you guys are interested. I was hoping by doing this it would spur on some posts about older forgotten bands.

If anyone has any suggestions for bands to be uploaded so others can check them out let me know, if I have it I'll put it up. Or if some one else would like to do a page like this that would cool also! I love being turned onto some old metal I missed.

thanks for the help there greeno-i managed to download power metal by pantera-fuck me that is ROCK!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
its funny for me to listen to it,cause i've only heard phil in his more vulger days.power metal is very much more "waaaaaahhhhhhhh!"isnt it?
great guitar and drums still.those boys really can cut it cant they.
i'm halfway through downloading the my sisters machine track-boy i need to be on broadband right now! :wave: :worship:

just finished downloading and listening to the my sisters machine track.you were right,they do sound a bit like us(actually,i suppose its vice versa-they came first after all).
the singer has a bit more of a rock attitude in his voicce than i do-its that little bit more g'n'r than me.that might be to do with him being american rather than from the uk-at least i'm assuming they are from the states.they sound really good though-are they still going?

i'll try one of the other pantera ones next-which ones the best greeno? :worship: :D

baldyboy said:
just finished downloading and listening to the my sisters machine track.you were right,they do sound a bit like us(actually,i suppose its vice versa-they came first after all).
the singer has a bit more of a rock attitude in his voicce than i do-its that little bit more g'n'r than me.that might be to do with him being american rather than from the uk-at least i'm assuming they are from the states.they sound really good though-are they still going?

i'll try one of the other pantera ones next-which ones the best greeno? :worship: :D

Did you dig it or were they too "rock" for you, Baldy? They were from Seattle (surprise!). The singer was in Alice In Chains for a very short period early on, I think he played guitar with them. They only released 2 albums and broke up.

Try any of the Panteras, they're all cool. Each album did get a little more heavy as they went along.

Psychonaut said:
You have any old Loudness? I only have them on vinyl and don't have a record player ATM.

How do you live without a record player, Psychonaut?!! :) I went for about 5 years without a record player and then decided to pick one up since I had about 100 LP's I'd not replaced on CD...... BAD MOVE!! They vinyl is now taking over the house... :lol: .... I love it!! The turntable get as much use if not more than the CD player these days.

As for Loudness I have these on CD--

Law Of Devil's Land
Disillusion
Thunder In the East
Lightning Strikes
Soldier Of Fortune

plus a couple more on vinyl. I can throw up a couple songs next time if you want.

OH MY GOD! My Sisters Machine. They were cool!
The singer was in Alice in Chains and he sang for them before
Layne did.

That Diva album had another cool song on it called "I'm Sorry"
which they made a vid for and it was on Headbangers Ball for a while.
Cool vid too. All black and white and they stuck out in the snow.
grainy.

no greeno, they wernt too rock for me-the gnr dig wasnt meant as an insult,appetite for destruction was an awsome album imo.i liked them a lot,and the singer gets even more respect from me now you've told me he was in one of the greatest bands ever!
i think with the panteras i'll start at the beginning.the prob is on my shitty server they each take about 15 mins to download.good metal is always worth the wait i guess.
i go with you on the vinyl-i brought my wife a turntable for her birthday last year,and i love it.some of my old metal stuff is only vinyl-i put on hall of the mountain king by savatage the other day,havnt heard it in years cause its vinyl.fuck me those oliva boys rule

baldyboy said:
-i put on hall of the mountain king by savatage the other day,havnt heard it in years cause its vinyl.fuck me those oliva boys rule

Hall of the Mountain King Kicks ass!
Awesome you have it on vinyl!

hot and heavy by pantera-wtf?they sound like a slightly updated def leppard-even the main riff sound like hit and run off high and dry!not that i'm complaining, i was always keen on the old leppard stuff-just never expected pantera to play it.lol.

OfficerNice said:
That Diva album had another cool song on it called "I'm Sorry"
which they made a vid for and it was on Headbangers Ball for a while.
Cool vid too. All black and white and they stuck out in the snow.
grainy.

Nice to find someone else who likes them! It's hard to find people who even remember them these days... :) They band I was in in college played "I'm Sorry". Fun as hell to play, gave me a chance to go wha-wha crazy.. :)

baldyboy said:
hot and heavy by pantera-wtf?they sound like a slightly updated def leppard-even the main riff sound like hit and run off high and dry!not that i'm complaining, i was always keen on the old leppard stuff-just never expected pantera to play it.lol.

And just think, I didn't put up any of the "wimpier" stuff from the first album. :)

Greeno said:
Nice to find someone else who likes them! It's hard to find people who even remember them these days... :) They band I was in in college played "I'm Sorry". Fun as hell to play, gave me a chance to go wha-wha crazy.. :)
I was surprised that MSM wasnt any more successful considering they
were a part of the Seattle scene and they were rockin!
I blame Eddie Vedder. I hate Eddie Vedder. Although I scored with a chick
back in the day because of that 10 record.