New Operation:Mindcrime Song, better than expected

Everything that used to be Queensryche is dead, basically. If you want Queensryche just pick up a 20+ year old disc.

This was boring and uninspired. Geoff's voice still works ok, but who cares?

with Facebook fan pages suffering due to FB's new algorithms, usually a post of a video gets a few hundred views and maybe 5 likes but the post of this video on the PPUSA page today reached over 2,000 people, was shared 12 times, and got over 25 likes..which proves that good or bad, Tate is still great "click bait" lol

As for the song, for someone who claims to not know what the Queensryche "signature sound" is, it seems like Geoff is doing his best to duplicate that sound, at least on this song…I agree with some of you, a decent song with obvious nods to Eyes of A Stranger and The Mission, but Geoff's uninspired vocals are the weakest part of the song

Tate's crappy vocals completely ruined that song for me. The music isn't half bad though.........

interesting how both camps are pursuing 2 different 'eras' of QR.

qr is aiming for The Warning with arrow of time.

om is aiming for, well, OM. even the guitar solo sounds like Degarmo / Wilton around the OM period.

The bass is way too high in the mix, but this is easily my favorite song featuring Tate in the last 20+ years. If the whole CD shows up on Spotify I might just check it out.

BertTate.jpg

I have to agree that this song sounds better than I expected. Also, I think Tate sounds better here than he does on "Frequency Unknown." However, though I can't knock his attempt to capture that Mindcrime sound (as it's pretty obvious that he knows what his fans want to hear from him), it doesn't come off as genuine as what the current Queensryche lineup is doing. I'm still Team Todd.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

That was interesting. I have to agree that this is probably some of the best material he has put out in 20 years. I'll have go check out the album on Apple Music.