New Operation:Mindcrime Song, better than expected

Considering that I expected it to be soaking wet dogshit, yes, it was better than expected. Still miles below "enjoyable" though.

As someone who's hated everything Tate has done the last 5+ years, it's hard to admit this, but I really dig Re-Inventing the Future (from post #1). He definitely hit an old school QR vibe there.

Here it is again inline, since the prior post wasn't:

On the other hand, Burn is meh and the video is terrible IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geoff Tate Recalls 'The Warning' Was A Disappointment to Queensryche

When asked the bands mindset during the recording of Queensrcyhe first Full length album The Warning: "It was a real disappointment to everybody in the band at the time, cause of course it was taken out of our hands and mixed by somebody who didn’t care about it and and didn’t want the input of the band and it was quite a shocking experience."

Latest song The Stranger makes the already utterly shite Burn sound like a masterpiece! Re-inventing must have been a complete fluke and all enthusiasm for the album has been wiped clean away in a shitstorm of grungy nu-metallish crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, this is taking awful to new levels..... These lyrics look like they were written by my fourth grader. To think that he was once associated with the term "thinking man's metal".

Frontiers should have released ONLY the first track prior to release, as I cannot imagine these last two songs helping their cause at all.

You can't run from the stranger, fuckers!

I listened to all 3 songs and I can't hate it.
Re-inventing...was good/listenable...
The 2nd was awful...
the 3rd is okay...it has its retard moments but it doesn't make me retch with wild abandon.
I can honestly say...
I still won't be buying it lmao