New PC: How do I config a SS OS drive and a Raid 0 eide on same system?

thefyn

Jun 3, 2006
My order is on the way and I want to be pre armed before I install my first SS disk.

Basically I am using a small SS disk for the OS and program files.

Then in a week or so I will be adding 2 regular hard drives in raid 0 config. (total of 4tb.)

Questions:

1: Is it possible for me to add a raid 0 config after setting up Windows 7 on the SS disk? Or will it have to be configured with all 3 disks at the same time.

Initial build:

WIN HOME PREM 7 64-BIT
MB ASUS| M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 880G
MEM 4Gx2|GSKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
SSD 64G|CRUC CTFDDAC064MAG-1G1
CPU AMD|PH II X6 1100T 3.3G AM3

2: What are my first steps to get the SS disk running as fast as possible with all of the features of my motherboard/Win 7? (without overclocking)

3: When I come to install the other 2 drives in a raid 0 config, what do I have to do to make sure it does not mess up my boot OS SSD? What do I set each raid drive at as regards to slave and master? What typical setting do I change in bios to leave the SS drive as the boot OS and the 2 raid 0 drives to be regular storage?

Most links involve setting up the OS on the raid drive. Mine is a little different since I read that loading the OS and programs is faster on SS. And editing sequential data is faster on raid 0. Or have I got that wrong?

The PC will be for recording and video editing. So I figure the raid 0 config will be great for the huge video files I will be compiling, and the SS disk will be good for regular program launching and windows land stuff.

Any tips or help would be appreciated.