NEW PROGPOWER GALLERY OPEN - Right here on UM.com (more)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/photopost/index.php?cat=2

Ok folks, a new permanent gallery has been set up for all your ProgPower pics. Check it out and please leave your comments and feedback here (likes/dislikes etc.). You use the same log in as your account here on UM.com. Quite a few of you will notice you already have some photos in your albums because I ported over all the photos from the old gallery to here.

I am looking right now to make sure people can upload zip files of pics. Feel free to try the zip file uploading, but make sure your zip file is less than 15 (or maybe 20 I have to check) megs at a time.

Let me know what you all think! I am setting up galleries for all the forums here at UM.com as well.

Cool! Thanks a bunch Deron! Sending some pics now....

J-Dubya

When you upload, do you get the option to select additional categories? If so, add your photos to the band section for whichever fest you are posting. Like yourFreak Kitchen ones, if it gives you the option, add those suckers to their directory too.

Did you do one by one or with a zip?

When you upload, do you get the option to select additional categories? If so, add your photos to the band section for whichever fest you are posting. Like yourFreak Kitchen ones, if it gives you the option, add those suckers to their directory too.

Did you do one by one or with a zip?

Used a zip file, wouldn't let me process after setting all the catagories for the first 10. Will try again in a bit, (shhhhh! I'm at work!) ;)

J-Dubya

I see you have them added to my member gallery. Can you move those to the PPVII gallery, or can I do that?

J-Dubya

I actually didn't do that you did haha. When you upload pictures, make sure you are in the category you intend to upload to before beginning. Maybe something goofed with that. Try to go in eahc pic and see if you can move it, you should be able to? If not I can.

This is a GREAT idea, Deron! Just takes a little bit of work to figure it out.

I uploaded a zip of about 1.5 MB, but it only took 10 photos. Is there a limit to how many it will do at a time?
edit: I just figured it out. Shows only 10 thumbnails at a time, then you have to tell it to do the next 10 and so on. I'll have to figure out how to add the others now.

Thanks Deron, this is awesome! I added two pics to VII's random gallery. I opened the folder before uploading the pics (not by .zip) and when I got to the page with extra categories, the PPUSA VII Various folder was already selected. I left the two additional options blank. Is that okay? They appear to be in the right spot.

Also, on the initial upload page, any keywords entered don't reappear on the next screen with the multiple category options. Is there something I missed?

I'll be digging through my files and discs for some neat pics from years past! I can't wait to see everyone's additions!

Yeah I am working on that keyword issue. It drove me nuts transferring all the old gallery over grrr.

When you add a zip, do you all have a drop down box where you can select how many thumbnails to process at one time? It shows for me but I am logged in as admin, so let me know on that.

Yeah you can leave the other categories blank. Sometimes pics will be relevant for more than one category, so feel free to link it to 2 categories if you think it deserves it!

Glad you all are liking it. Please post here anything that you think could use work, including things that confuse you or took you a bit to figure out. I want to make sure this is as user friendly as possible.

Yea, when I brought the zip to be processed it gave me the option for 10, 25, 50 or 100. I just didn't notice that option the first time around.

Must have been a lot of work. Did you just start putting it on last week? Knew you were up to something!

Yea, when I brought the zip to be processed it gave me the option for 10, 25, 50 or 100. I just didn't notice that option the first time around.

Must have been a lot of work. Did you just start putting it on last week? Knew you were up to something!

Beginning of this past yeah haha. Well worth the time in the end! Should be a great thing for the community, and make sure to look close because Beyond Ear Candy has their own gallery as well! So select that as an additional category if you like when posting, since they relate to your gallery as well.

Hmmm, I think I ALMOST have it. I need to relabel some photos though, and the PreParty says it has 31 photos, but I only see 15. Also some photos that were suppose to go to Various ProgPower VII Photos went......somewhere...
Don't think I'm doing the category thing 100% correct.

Keywords are now carried over to the upload screen (should be anyhow!).

Before uploading, just look at the drop down to see what category you are about to upload into. More than likely you thought you were putting them in category "x" but they are currently only in your personal member gallery: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=18251

You can edit your photos to move them where you need.

I see what you mean on the 31 vs 15 photos, not sure on that I will check it out.

Hey Deron, I tried to get rid of some dupes, and when I did, the thumbnail went away. When I tried to "Rebuild thumbnail", I got this error:

Warning: getimagesize(/home/mahke/public_html/photopost/data/588/IMG_0060.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mahke/public_html/photopost/image-inc.php on line 247

Warning: Division by zero in /home/mahke/public_html/photopost/image-inc.php on line 292

Warning: getimagesize(/home/mahke/public_html/photopost/data/588/IMG_0060.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mahke/public_html/photopost/image-inc.php on line 91

Warning: unlink(/home/mahke/public_html/photopost/data/588/IMG_0060.jpg): No such file or directory in /home/mahke/public_html/photopost/image-inc.php on line 103

Now, I may be an IT dinosaur, but division by zero is usually a BAD thing! ;)
Me no touchy til I hear/read back from you.....
:)

J-Dubya

Is there a way to get back to the forum from the gallery? The "Ultimate Metal Forum" at the top of the tree doesn't link back. Is there a way to hop back to the list of forums, or just use the main Ultimatemetal.com link at the very top of the page?