New PSYCO DRAMA album coming in 2015 - Album Sampler

IanRingler

Bassist
Jan 30, 2010
www.itmband.com
Hi all,

I thought I would post this for anyone interested. Quite a while back I had posted about this band however at the time, we were only stating that the new music was picking up where Psyco Drama's The Illusion left off. At the time, we had no plans to use the band name Psyco Drama. Well, our plans changed.

We are proud to offer the following:

PSYCO DRAMA RELEASES PREVIEW VIDEO FOR NEW ALBUM "ASHES TO WINGS"

PSYCO DRAMA returns with Ashes To Wings, an 11-track album that continues the melodic power/progressive metal sound that brought them worldwide acclaim. Ashes To Wings will reestablish PSYCO DRAMA as one of the best in the power/progressive metal genre with songs such as “To Live Again,” “Broken Road,” and "Far From Grace."

PSYCO DRAMA has created a two part album preview video; Part I can be viewed here:

For those who prefer an audio only sampler, here is a link to the audio on Soundcloud:

Part II will be released next week.

Formed in Colorado Springs in 1990, PSYCO DRAMA established themselves as a musical force on their debut album, The Illusion (1996). Its unique blend of hooks and melodies produced tracks such as “Eyes of a Child,” “Flames,” and “From Here.” The Illusion generated comparisons to progressive metal giants DREAM THEATER, QUEENSRYCHE, and FATES WARNING.
Original members Corey Brown (vocals) and Hercules Castro (guitar) believe Ashes To Wings to be the rightful follow-up to The Illusion. Joining Brown and Castro on this musical rebirth is bassist Ian Ringler, a member of PSYCO DRAMA during their previous incarnation (as well as Corey’s bandmate in MAGNITUDE 9), and drummer Greg Sands.

The band is currently presenting the album to interested labels, and anticipates a late summer 2015 release.
For further information on PSYCO DRAMA please visit:
www.psycodrama.com
https://www.facebook.com/psycodramaband

UPDATE: 2nd Teaser for the new PSYCO DRAMA ablum:

Thank you,

Ian

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see the band back in action! Cory is one of the great vocalists of the genre who flies underneath the radar..... I've missed his work for several years now.

Better late than never! I'm looking forward to purchasing the disc when it comes out.

I remember the day I in 1995 that received the Psyco Drama disc (The Illusion) in the mail at my college dorm. It carried me through the rest of the semester, along with the Sanvoisen (Exotic Ways) and Conception (In Your Multitude) discs that came in the same package. Those were the glory days of prog/power for me.

Awesome stuff Ian. I used to loved Psycho Drama back in the day. I've really missed Corey Brown's vocals lately too. Can't wait to hear it.

Nice name dropping too there Fiddler, was a big fan of Sanvoisen too. I liked Soul Seasons a bit better though ;)

I remember the day I in 1995 that received the Psyco Drama disc (The Illusion) in the mail at my college dorm. It carried me through the rest of the semester, along with the Sanvoisen (Exotic Ways) and Conception (In Your Multitude) discs that came in the same package. Those were the glory days of prog/power for me.

Thanks everyone for your replies! We are very excited about the new music and hope you will enjoy it. Next week, we'll put out another sampler video containing a completely different set of samples of the new music.

Thanks again from all of us!

Very cool Ian, looking forward to it. The strange thing is I am listening to Reality in Focus right now by coincidence, strange brew!

Bear

Thanks Madman and Bear for your comments! If you are a fan of the guitar work on the Magnitude 9 albums, I really think you'll enjoy the new Psyco Drama material.

Hello all,

Here is the 2nd Teaser for the new Psyco Drama album. This features a different set of music than what was presented in the 1st teaser.

Thank you all again for the positive comments and support!

Ian

Last edited by a moderator:
Well musicsnob,

Since it was asked, I'll give a statement on In The Machine. I sent you a PM with some more detailed info.

The short and professional statement: The band ended back in 2012 after Corey, Doug (drums), and myself had decided to leave the band due to internal conflicts on the musical and business direction the band was being led into.

No announcements were ever made. Corey, Doug, and I thought about continuing on using the band name, but it became such a tainted experience for all of us that we decided to let it die. But it all worked out in the end. Corey and I got back in touch with Hercules Castro and that led to the rebuilding of Psyco Drama.

Thanks to anyone who supported that band.

Ian

If anyone is interested in this sort of thing (and to swing the topic back to Psyco Drama), after all this time, I finally learned why the word psycho is misspelled in the band's name (missing the "H").

It was simply for symmetry between the two words in the band's name (back when they were first playing with logo ideas). There are five letters in each word when you take out the "H". It worked out great, because there are a huge number of bands out there using "Psycho" or a variation of that word in their band name. But so far, only one that is missing the "H".

:)

Again, thanks to everyone for the positive feedback and reaction on the new material!

Ian