New pumpkins streamline

wow amazing to see a few SP fans here...

I used to be really into them, special Melon Coly (some nice depressing songs on that one)..

then i picked up Tonights Decision one day and.....

I think both songs, "Eye" and "Ava Adora" are some of the best from the band. Siamese Dream is incredible though, yes, as is Mellon Collie.

I'm REALLY looking forward to checking out some of this new material. I hope I'm not disappointed.
Oh, and thanks for this heads up - had no idea the new album was out haha.

Edit: Uhhh, can someone explain to me why none of the songs are playing when I click on a song? Hmm...dammit!

The album sounds terrible. I mean, seriously...
This is not the Smashing Pumpkins I used to love. Oh well, I'll stick to their old stuff.

Actually the album is called "zeitgeist," which means it's an abum about what they feel represents the spirit of the times. He doesn't say anything really about the policy even in the song united states, all he says is it's time for change. Nothing wrong with that. I like the whole liberty in fret album art. You can't just ignore whats going on in the place you live altogether. tarantula is the single, and prolly the weakest track on the cd. I posted a link with all the songs streamline so I dunno why you don't just check it out.

Actually the album is called "zeitgeist," which means it's an abum about what they feel represents the spirit of the times. He doesn't say anything really about the policy even in the song united states, all he says is it's time for change. Nothing wrong with that. I like the whole liberty in fret album art. You can't just ignore whats going on in the place you live altogether. tarantula is the single, and prolly the weakest track on the cd. I posted a link with all the songs streamline so I dunno why you don't just check it out.

aha, thanks, it seems that i got things wrong, the album art is kind of confusing though, that's the first impression that it gave me. Will check out the streamline for sure, but i don't think they will top the old stuff.

Qotsa's latest is kind of dissapointment too, didn't top their previous. I haven't bought it yet. What's your thoughts on that album bytheway?

*edit: shit man, the streamline ain't gonna work, fucking 56k connection, gets on my nerves all the time. o_O. o i have the same prob with alcapoth

Qotsa's latest is kind of dissapointment too, didn't top their previous. I haven't bought it yet. What's your thoughts on that album bytheway?

Said this exact very thing in albums of 2007 thread. So I agree for sure.

edit: didn't listen to the last few tracks of the new smashing pumpkins to wait until I got the cd. He does have some lines about god and country..oh well.. no biggy

Although I have only given it one full listen, I actually like the album. It's NOT old Smashing Pumpkins. (Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness is easily my favorite. Siamese Dream is classic as well. The others are not bad, but I have only ended up listening to them so much.) It generally is more upbeat and "rockin'" than other Pumpkins albums, but, accepting that, I think it's pretty good! I bet some will love it, some will hate it. I am at least glad that it was created and released.

I wouldn't say it's more upbeat. As far as Mellon collie it's very low on my sp list. 1979 is good though.

Zeitgeist is great people! I've been a pumpkin fan from just about the beginning.. and i'm really pleased with this album. And everyone else should be too cos lets face it... the kerrang generation of bands just ain't cutting tracks anywhere near as well written as these... Pumpkins forever!

http://www.myspace.com/neurosync <<< my band project :D

Hey Sadguru - are you for real when you say that Tarantula is weak???? I'm surprised...

Had the opportunity to use Youtube to check the song out - the site wjere you can stream the album just never worked for me. I must say, the riff in Tarantula is fantastic. I mean, this stuff doesn't suck at all. I just hope the rest of the album has this feeling to it.

Haha, I was about to allow others' negative judgement on the album to influence my own judgement before I even listen to it. Aargh...never again haha.