New pumpkins streamline

I've been listening for a bit now and its grown on me a bit, ok its pretty crap compaired to melon collie or Siamese Dream, but nevertheless its nice to hear it out there, I think they need to work out what they want to do though as its all a bit confused in places (a few songs sound worryingly amateur in parts) however there are some moments that make me feel like I'm listening to the Pumpkins again which is a testiment to what beens acheived.

for me the pumpkins really were what got me into writing music, the interesting lyrics fromt he first albums and the energy, I think Katatonia have got a version of that themselves but they control it better and seems to continue to amaze me with every release, something the pumpkins didnt manage to continue to do.. to me their last decent album was Ava Adore.

Well, I've given the new one a chance, but I can't really get into it. I love some of their older stuff (I only have Rotten Apples, the greatest hits cd, so I'm not really the biggest Smashing Pumpkins fan), but the new cd just seems too different from what I've heard for me to really get into it. Some of the older stuff I've heard is incredible (especially songs like Eye), but Zeitgeist just doesn't seem to cut it.