New Question: Who is flute guy?

HBMilitia

New Metal Member
Jan 3, 2003
Visit site
I hope I am not bustin' on anyone's dad or anything, but WTF was the guy with the little brass flute at Palladino's the other night... Dude had some pimp-ass rings, a sweet brown silk shirt and was wearin' some sort of sparkly under-eye glitter.

Can someone mic him up next time? Because whatever the hell he was playing, he sure looked like he was jammin'.

Any info? Thanks for your time.
H.B.M.

PS. Creeping Death fucking owned! I was really impressed by their set. They all rocked, but the drummer kicked my ass!

And as for the Maidens, they sounded excellent yet again. I brought a couple buddies, now they are addicted. One of them told me he woke up with "Wasted Years" ringing in his ears. I'll be out of town next Sat, but they will be at your Kosmos show... Keep it rockin for 'em! Ooh, and Sara shreddz, she is my idol! :)

I'm not sure who that guy is, but he always seems to be at the girls' Los Angeles shows. He usually does get a lot of attention, but he doesn't come up on stage and seems to be enjoying himself.

At one point during the show, Chickinson did try to put the microphone on him. Turns out, he only seems to be playing a trill of 2 notes! :lol:

Well I caught up with him in teh parking lot talking to Sara. I beleive his exact words to Sara Were.

"You know I must tell you this from the bottom of my heart. I love you girls. You girls almost play as good as Men Do."

Originally posted by Georgemcfly4
Well I caught up with him in teh parking lot talking to Sara. I beleive his exact words to Sara Were.

"You know I must tell you this from the bottom of my heart. I love you girls. You girls almost play as good as Men Do."

I certainly hope he's not using his own playing as a standard of measurement, judging by what I could hear during the band's set.:rolleyes:

He's actually quite harmless~just another fan of music! And McFly, he said "play as good as men". I chided him a bit about this, but then he was very emphatic about explaining that that's because there is no benchmarks for female muscians. You and Snaus were very sweet to defend our honor, but I've heard and experienced worse at shows.

Originally posted by smylex
I certainly hope he's not using his own playing as a standard of measurement, judging by what I could hear during the band's set.:rolleyes:

Oh Ya thats what I meant. Ya I guess he is harmless. But He did shock the hell out of me by saying that

Originally posted by MiniMurray
He's actually quite harmless~just another fan of music! And McFly, he said "play as good as men". I chided him a bit about this, but then he was very emphatic about explaining that that's because there is no benchmarks for female muscians. You and Snaus were very sweet to defend our honor, but I've heard and experienced worse at shows.

Oops wrong reply on the last one

I took two pictures of the flute guy:

pflute1.jpg

pflute2.jpg

Oh, and since HBMilitia has adopted Sara as his idol... I was lucky enough to catch this moment!

isara1.jpg

OMG! This thread is great. I actually got online just now with the express purpose of posing this exact question. I have seen the guy at 3 shows at Paladino's. My girlfriend was chatting with him in the parking lot and he played his flute for and, like a previous poster here said, he pretty much knew like 3 notes. Cowbell!! I need more cowbell!!!

Originally posted by sparky2112
Cowbell!! I need more cowbell!!!

I got a feva... and the only perscription... is more cowbell!

Thanks for the info everyone. My curiosity is satisfied. And thanks for the pics Toast... Holy crap, there is Red Shirt, right in the front! :)

H.B.M.

You know I hadn't thought about this when I made the cowbell remark here on the Iron Maidens forum, but the character Christopher Walken is playing in that B.O.C. sketch is name Bruce Dickinson....strange coincidence. BTW, I saw B.O.C. last week in concert and they have one of their roadies come onstage as the "cowbell guy" at their shows now, after which the singer (Eric Bloom) says "we need mo cowbell!"