New QV Song Out: Obitus

absolutely stunning!! love the piano/bass break in the middle. Bass is awesome rox, and the guitar solo's, INSANE!!!! Bart, Marc, you guys are GODS on the fretboard. Was worried about the vox, but they sound really good. While not a clear as on defiant imagination, the black vox add some variety and there is some real power in them. The classical outro is great to. REALLY hoping for an update soon, maybe something like a release date?

Awesome!
I like the new elements, female vox, orchestrations and the solos/bass work... it's technical yet groovy (did I just create an oxymoron?) and not purposely complex and unlistenable like lots of today's modern extreme metal,
when's the whole thing coming out??

hey guys, I'm actually doing a revision of the mix today since not all the details on guitars seem to come out on myspace (not really surprised), thanks for the vocals and solos comments this is really cool to hear. The vocals and my solo were as usual last minute so I'm sure I can get them better the next time. Everyone did an awesome job and I'm proud of the outcome. I'm already thinking which one to let loose next.... maybe something fast and aggressive...

Ah, I was worried about the mixing issue too, but its going to be fixed so yay! The bass solo by Roxy was insane, and Patrice was a beast as usual. Also, does anyone know who played which solo?

If you don't mind me asking, how much of the album is done?

wait, bart, did you really just saw that you do you're solo's at the last minute, BUT THEY ALWAYS SOUND SO PLANED OUT AND PERFECT FOR THE SONG!!!!

I have a feeling the solo that starts at 3:30 is Bart's and the one that starts at 3:50 is Marc's. The first solo has a lot more of an epic and melodious feel to it (I identify that as Bart's style) and the second one has very fast and climactic feel, coupled with whammy use (all these elements are slightly foreign to what I perceive Bart's style so I guess its Marc).

hey my solo is at 3:30 and Mag's is at 3:50, I actually used a whammy on this time around, wish I had more time then one morning but this is how it is.
Mag contributed a gem of a solo as usual, great to work with him as usual!
-b

btw, when are you going to sign with Nuclear Blast? :)
I am not sure if it pays to be dealing with a record company but for their marketing power alone, it could give you a push and more touring capabilities... they seem to be doing a great job with Kataklysm ( I really don't know how they manage to repackage the same albums each year and tour constantly but you can do so much more!)

I am stunned, that was incredible...I was expecting something more in the lines of what Stephane did in terms of vocals, but the whole black metalish sounding vocals mixed with Death is fucking awesome.

UGH I NEED THE WHOLE ALBUM NOW!!! :p

Jorgen, we'll see what time brings (re:labels etc) I just need to get this myspace mix finished and I've been sidetracked (no pun intended) since the last few days. Glad to hear you guys like the vocals!

Jorgen, we'll see what time brings (re:labels etc) I just need to get this myspace mix finished and I've been sidetracked (no pun intended) since the last few days. Glad to hear you guys like the vocals!

for sure, time will tell where labels (in the traditional sense) will end up...
yeah the vox sound quite refreshing, I thought you were going in a deathcore direction vocal wise but you've surprised us yet again :)

Thanks Jorgen!

any chance of getting more new material online? the new stuff is promising to turn out into another QV masterpiece!

p.s.
Just listened to the new Dimmu Borgir, I haven't got excited about their stuff in years but I think this time they've re-created themselves, it's like a black metal Therion, check it out

any chance of getting more new material online? the new stuff is promising to turn out into another QV masterpiece!

p.s.
Just listened to the new Dimmu Borgir, I haven't got excited about their stuff in years but I think this time they've re-created themselves, it's like a black metal Therion, check it out

I agree with the Dimmu Borgir comment, the added full blown symphony just makes it that much more awesome.