New RAGE album in September

Orion Crystal Ice

Rider of the Astral Fire
Aug 22, 2002
The Road to Purity
From http://www.rage-on.de:

Hi Rage-heads!

We had a very successful and eventful year thanks to the Unity album. The album was a great hit all over the world. We met a lot of new people and made lots of new friends. Our fingers are itching to write down the new songs we've got in our heads. We'll be recording them in Hamm and on Teneriffa the next few weeks. For the production and technics, Charlie Bauerfeind's gonna help us. By the way, he was the one who perfected the sound on Unity. The new album'll be called Soundchaser. Inspired by H.P. Lovecraft I wrote a conceptual story about our Biomechanoid. You know, the one that's been on every CD since "Perfect Man" (which came out in 1988). The whole story will be printed in the CD-booklet, and you can hear it in the songs. I'll give you some hints about the new album: A lot of the lyrics are based on the old Rage songs, the ones around the era of "The Missing Link" album. H.P. Lovecraft inspired me to that album as well. The songs:

Orgy Of Destruction

Music: Victor Smolski / Mike Terrana

The album opens with this instrumental storm of riffs by Victor and Mike. It sounds very dark and mean, it puts you in a tense mood for the first song...

War Of Worlds

Music: Victor Smolski
Lyrics: Peavy Wagner

Hard and heavy staccato riffs combined with great old catchy tunes. This fabulous opener was Victors idea. Brilliant breaks and a catchy rhythm make it a perfect song.

Great Old Ones

Music & Lyrics: Peavy Wagner

On this one we played a bit faster but stayed true to our style. One of my compositions with a classic Rage Chorus. Just like our old evergreens that we play live...

Soundchaser

A great midtempo groover with hymnal chorus and a very interesting solo part composed by Victor. This was the first one, that we already played last year.

Defenders Of The Ancient Life

With this one, we get faster again. The word staccato gets its full meaning here. When I thought of it, I imagined us on stage playing this song, that's why the arrangement is as clear as it is. This song is made for headbanging...

Secrets In A Weird World

Yes, you read it correctly. The old title from our 1989 album has been used again so we could honor it. It's a real in your face kind of song, weird, mysterious, which suits Victor. You can hear different kinds of moods, from high speed metal to doom and even a bit of prog. Somehow it just matched... you'll just have to wait to hear it...

Flesh And Blood

Another one of Victor's songs which sounds dark and heavy. After a quiet verse it flows into a hymnic chorus, which is probably going to sound fantasic live. Those of you who like songs like "Alive but dead" will love this one.

Human Metal

The title says everything, Victor composed this song. Its real metal. Brilliant riffs and hymnic melodies, combined with Mike's drumming. That's going be a fabulous live song as well!

See You In Heaven Or Hell

This song starts off with brilliant breaks but then gets faster, and for the cherry on top of this cake, the chorus is beautifuly melodic. In the middle we decided to get slower, but only for a couple of seconds, before the speed picks up to a max..

Wake The Nightmares (Falling From Grace Pt.1)

I wrote the two last songs, they combine into a whole. Just like we did on "Welcome..." with "Tribute To Dishonour". It's a semi-ballade, starting off quite slow but getting faster as it goes on. By the time the chorus arrives, Mike is already faster than the rest of us.

Death Is On It's Way (Falling From Grace Pt.2)

Seamless transition to a strange song with an unpredictable arrangement. It starts out as a ballad which eventually turns into a absolutely fabulous instrumental where Mike shows what he's made of. Great melody and at the end we all play to a fantastic finish....

Fuga

Music: J.S.Bach
Arranged by: Victor Smolski

French Bourree

Music: J.S.Bach
Arranged by: Victor Smolski
Lyrics: P.Wagner

Our fans who like "Lingua mortis" will be happy to hear that that's what's planned in terms of bonustracks. Rage goes Bach!

This two songs are part of a conceptional album with orchestra, which Victor is going to arrange and produce as another soloalbum. You'll get more information.

Right, we're going to get stuck in now - hope you're looking forward to SOUNDCHASER
(planned release: end of September 03)

All the best, yours PEAVY

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

gallery_japan_02_00_a.jpg
gallery_japan_02_00_b.jpg
gallery_japan_02_00_c.jpg

...the erotic possabilities of that fruit has enchanted me *dork* :Smug: :zzz: