New Raintime Song

Chai

Marching with Mephisto
Dec 6, 2006
Didn't see a post for this yet. I got an email from Raintime stating:

Raintime is pleased to unleash some news on the long awaited new album scheduled to be released in the beginning of 2010.
After the release of the successful and the critically acclaimed second album "Flies & Lies" the new work will consists of twelve new and original songs that will be recorded during August at Remaster Studios (Italy) and will be mixed and mastered by Logan Mader (Machine Head, Soulfly, Medication) at Undercity Recordings in Los Angeles - CA.

Furthermore, Raintime announce that original guitar player Luca Michael Martina has left the band for personal reasons. The split has been totally amicable and the rest of the band wishes Luca all the best for his life and career in music. The new guitar player is Daniele "Acido" Bressa who's already help the band in some past live situations and now is already fully active in Raintime.
More news will come very soon, but in the meantime you can enjoy the new myspace page of the band, that features a pre-production song.
We are sure that it will give you all a clear idea of Raintime's new musical direction and concept.
Have a nice summer!!
http://www.myspace.com/raintime

I'm liking the little tidbit they've put up on myspace after a few listens (though it has that annoying "Pre-production" announcement in the middle of the song). Thoughts?

Sounds really good. I need/want more and now!:headbang:

Has anyone else seen that Raintime lost another guitar player? They've gone through quite a few lineup changes in only a few years. Is Claudio a tough guy to work with? I wonder. He seemed so nice when I met him at ProgPower...hmm.

I want to listen to it but after hearing the stupid voice dubbing in it 4 times I closed the song. There is nothing that irks me more than that.

I'm a big fan so I'll be getting the disc when it comes out.

Best way for a band NOT to get played on the radio...put in those voice overdubs. Great job, record label! Two cheers!

The overdubs are designed for in-record-store play.....which is funny because
a) let's face it, how many record stores are left, and
b) how many such stores are likely to spin "our" bands, like Raintime?

Best way for a band NOT to get played on the radio...put in those voice overdubs. Great job, record label! Two cheers!

The overdubs are designed for in-record-store play.....which is funny because
a) let's face it, how many record stores are left, and
b) how many such stores are likely to spin "our" bands, like Raintime?

yeah its stupid. Back when I worked at F.Y.E. I got all kinds of snarky looks for suggesting we play some of the metal bands we carried every once in a while instead of the same old r&b or pop-rock bullshit that everyone else wanted to listen to that we sold...

we had a good bit of metalheads come in and shop too - so I thought their marketing skills were unprofessional and just downright pathetic.

So yeah the voice dub-ins are a little senseless, but then again...we're in the United States - Im sure there are lots of cd places in Europe that doesn't mind spinning Raintime or other awesome metal bands.

I worked for Best Buy and it was even worse, dude. They had their own "Best Buy Radio" CD that ran. And it was all shit. It really sucks when you start looking forward to All American Rejects (even though those guys write some damn catchy tunes).